- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
Life Insurance Corporation Increasing Stakes In SBI
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1419 -
Modified 06 March 2014
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has participated in Qualified Institutional Placement (QIP) and acquired State Bank of India's (SBI) shares from open market, thereby increasing its stake in SBI. Now the stake of LIC has increased from 12.15% to 14.991%. Between August 28, 2013 and February 5, 2014 LIC, the insurance major, has acquired SBI shares costing 2.13 crore- as per the stock exchange disclosure. Making the biggest equity sale, SBI has sold its shares through a QIP and raised an amount of Rs 8032 crore in the last month. Selling a single piece at an average price of Rs 1565 which is indicated on the lower side of the price band set by the bank and so, SBI has sold shares of about 5.13 crore in total. The government’s stake is likely to fall down from 62% to 58.6% after equity allotment.
Along with public sector banks, LIC has also turned out to be one of the largest investors in the QIP share sale of about Rs 2000 crore worth of bids. The insurance leaders report banks as their favorite sectors especially when it comes to SBI which is the biggest lender in the country. Still, LIC has a 22.54% of stake in Corporation Bank and 10%in Vijaya Bank, Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank, UCO Bank and Bank of Baroda.
- Most Read
- What Makes SBI Pension Plans Different from its Peers?
Date: 17 January 2018
- What’s Great about LIC’s Jeevan Lakshya Investment Plan?
Date: 16 January 2018
- Why LIC Jeevan Tarun Is the Best Choice for Your Child’s Education?
Date: 09 January 2018
- What Makes Money Back Plan The Best Investment Option?
Date: 08 January 2018
- Why Checking Your LIC Policy Online is a Good Option?
Date: 08 January 2018
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2018
Views : 1206232
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1183520
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 466102
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 460784
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 340019