Non-Life Insurance Premium Rose This May

Insurance Regulatory Development Authority’s statistics display that the non-life insurance premium has increased by 8.1 per cent year-on-year to Rs.  6,118.11 crore in May 2014. Talking about the share, non-life insurers collected 55.3 % of the total premium collected of Rs. 3,381.86 crore while the rest of the 44.7% came from private companies. During the initial 2 months of 2014-15, non-life insurance firms collected 7.28% more premium to Rs 14,539.55 crore.

Read more
Get ₹1 Cr. Life Cover at just ₹449/month*
No medical checkup required
Save more with upto 10% discount
Covers COVID-19
Tax Benefit
Upto Rs. 46800
Life Cover Till Age
99 Years
8 Lakh+
Happy Customers
*Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws. *Standard T&C Apply
** Discount is offered by the insurance company as approved by IRDAI for the product under File & Use guidelines
Get ₹1 Cr. Life Cover at just ₹449/month*
No medical checkup required
Save more with upto 10% discount
Covers COVID-19
+91
View plans
Please wait. We Are Processing..
Get Updates on WhatsApp
By clicking on "View plans" you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of use

And, premium collected by public sector insurers rose by 8.2% to Rs 7,984.37 crore during April-May and for private companies the premium collected increased by 6.19% to Rs 6,555.17 crore.

Out of the six public sector non-life insurance companies, premium collected by New India Life Insurance in May was Rs 86.06 crore (up 13.8%), United India collected Rs 870.50 (up 3.6%), National Insurance Company collected Rs 867.79 crore (up 15.1%) and Oriental Insurance Rs 615.52 crore (up 12%)

Contribution of Export Credit Guarantee Corporation was Rs 102.41 crore (down 1.3%) and A/C collected Rs 39.58 crore (down 19.9%).

Glancing at the premium collected by private players – Reliance General increased by 10.9% from a year ago to Rs 220.37 crore, Bajaj Allianz collected Rs. 356.97 crore (up 1.6%), ICICI Lombard Rs 516.46 crore(up by 12.3%) and IFFCO-Tokio collected Rs 234.78 crore (up by 5.7%). HDFC ERGO General collected Rs 201.65 which is up by 12%, Bharti AXA General Rs 121.85 crore and SBI General Rs. 102.21 crore i.e. up by 20.3%.

Types of Term Plans


Life insurance articles

Recent Articles
Popular Articles
Post Office Gram Suraksha Scheme Calculator

27 Jun 2022

A Post Office Gram Suraksha Scheme calculator is a useful online...
Read more
What happens if you stop paying life insurance premiums?

03 Jun 2022

Buying the best life insurance plan is a wise and learned...
Read more
Postal life Insurance Tax Benefits

26 May 2022

Postal Life Insurance is the oldest life insurer in the country...
Read more
How to Download PLI Statement Online?

24 May 2022

PLI or Postal Life Insurance was an initiative originally...
Read more
Is Life Insurance an Investment?

24 May 2022

The thumb rule to building wealth is to invest your money in...
Read more
How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Last year, Mr. Rajiv Verma bought a Child LIC policy to provide financial security for his kid's future. However...
Read more
How to Cancel SBI Life Insurance Policy?
As per the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority, you can cancel a life insurance policy taken within 15...
Read more
SBI Life Insurance 50,000 per year Plan for 5 Years
Life insurance is not only about the financial protection of the family but also about working for life’s...
Read more
PLI Santosh Maturity Calculator
Maturity calculators have proven to be one of the simple tools for digital-savvy insurance buyers. Postal Life...
Read more
Post Office Gram Suraksha Scheme Calculator
A Post Office Gram Suraksha Scheme calculator is a useful online tool that can be accessed free of cost. It helps...
Read more

top
View Plans
Close
Download the Policybazaar app
to manage all your insurance needs.
INSTALL