- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
Online Channel to Take Over, 75% of Insurance Sales to Happen Online by 2020: BCG-Google Report
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1516 -
Modified 25 June 2014
Insurance sales would grow (through online channels) 20 per cent from today by 2020, but overall Internet influenced sales would be Rs 3-4 trillion
As reported by Boston Consulting Group and Google India, by 2020 close to three-fourths of insurance policies will be driven by digital channels.
According to some calculated estimates, digital adoption could result in future savings of 15-20 per cent of total costs in the case of life insurance and 20-30 per cent in the case of non-life, thereby predicting profitability for the industry.
While online purchases contribute to a small portion of insurance activity in the country presently, the overall influence of the Internet on insurance product purchase is already six times and growing very fast.
As insurers look out for better and new ways to grow profitably, they have a great opportunity to consider and gain from the digital platform, which also offers solutions to many key issues that affect the offline world today.
It's not only the insurance sales that would grow (through online channels) 20 per cent from today by 2020, but overall Internet influenced sales would be Rs 3-4 trillion (Rs 3-4 lakh crore), as per the report.
The online space forms a whole new market that reaches people all across the globe.
According to some studies, two out of every third user looking for a financial product ended up changing their mind about the brand or the product during their pre-purchase period.
The mediocrity of digital assets has given birth to online insurance aggregators that have witnessed four times growth in the value of life insurance premiums and a seven times growth in the value of health insurance.
Motor insurance sales that were comparatively less in 2011-12 also rose four times within the last year itself.
- Most Read
- Everything You Need To Know About SBI Child Insurance Plan
Date: 08 March 2018
- 5 Things You Don’t Know About Unit Linked Pension Plans
Date: 07 March 2018
- Common Myths about Child Insurance Plans
Date: 07 March 2018
- Long Term Capital Gains Tax: Time for ULIPs to Rise and Shine
Date: 05 February 2018
- Term Vs Whole Life Insurance: Which one you Should Buy?
Date: 01 February 2018
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2018
Views : 1301190
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1252662
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 506769
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 501019
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 379013