- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
Unclaimed Amount to be Displayed on Insurer’s Website: IRDA
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1459 -
Modified 26 August 2014
If insurers have any unclaimed amount above Rs 1000, then they are required to display its information on their website, as asked by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA). If the insurer is having the claim amount for more than six months from the date of settlement, then it is known as the unclaimed amount which includes claim amount paid to the policyholder due to – premium refund, survival benefits, death/maturity etc.
As mentioned in a circular issued on Wednesday, IRDA informed that the insurer’s website would have a facility where the policyholder (s) or his/ her dependants can check if there is any unclaimed amount due to them is still with the insurer.
By January 2015, the insurers are required to upload the information which should be updated on a half-yearly basis.
- Most Read
- How to Choose Life Insurance Plans According to Your Income?
Date: 22 June 2018
- 10 Risky Cities in India Where One Must Have Life Insurance
Date: 19 June 2018
- Life Insurance is for Poor, Middle Class or Rich People?
Date: 18 June 2018
- 5 Bad Habits & Factors Why One Must Have Life Insurance
Date: 25 May 2018
- When to Terminate Life Insurance Plans?
Date: 25 May 2018
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1446948
- LIC Online Payment - LIC Premium Payment Options & Process
Views : 200992
- Life Insurance: Checking Policy Status
Views : 75017
- LIC Login Online: Step-by-Step Login Process to LIC website
Views : 68803
- How to Check PLI Status?
Views : 59483