If insurers have any unclaimed amount above Rs 1000, then they are required to display its information on their website, as asked by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA). If the insurer is having the claim amount for more than six months from the date of settlement, then it is known as the unclaimed amount which includes claim amount paid to the policyholder due to – premium refund, survival benefits, death/maturity etc.
As mentioned in a circular issued on Wednesday, IRDA informed that the insurer’s website would have a facility where the policyholder (s) or his/ her dependants can check if there is any unclaimed amount due to them is still with the insurer.
By January 2015, the insurers are required to upload the information which should be updated on a half-yearly basis.
- Most Read
- How to Revive Lapsed LIC Insurance Policy Online
Date: 15 September 2017
- How to Save Premium Cost on your Life Insurance Purchase
Date: 13 September 2017
- Why Renewal of the Term Insurance Policy is Important?
Date: 11 September 2017
- LIC Senior Citizen Pension Scheme 2017
Date: 30 August 2017
- 5 Questions You Must Seek Answers for Before Buying Life Insurance Policies
Date: 18 July 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 971234
- LIC Policy Status: Check LIC Policy Details and Statement Online
Views : 918849
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 367383
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 357108
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 234636