Basic Adjustments for Making Your Two-Wheeler More Efficient
With increasing traffic in the city and prices of fuel, it has become really difficult to maintain the mileage of your two-wheeler and make it more efficient. The bikers who own the bikes of even the best brands have claimed that they have to spend a huge amount on their bike’s maintenance as well as fuel regularly. If you are also among them and want to know the basic adjustments to improve their efficiency, then you are in the right place. Below we are listing top tips for making your two-wheeler more efficient:Read more
|You May like to Read: Traffic Rules in India That Every Two Wheeler Rider Should Know|
Follow these tips to make your bike more efficient and improve its mileage:
- Get Your Two-Wheeler Serviced Regularly: Servicing your two-wheeler at regular intervals plays an important role in improving its efficiency. With efficiency, the health of your engine and bike’s life both as well increase. However, if due to any reason you forget to get the service of your bike, make sure to check its engine oil.
- Check the Pressure on Tyres: The tyre pressure is different in every bike. Check the pressure on the tyre at least every alternate visit to the gas station or whenever you are going on a long ride. This is because engine tyres also play an important role in the running of your bike. So, keep an eye on their pressure can improve the efficiency of your bike.
- Settings of the Carburetor: If you feel that the efficiency of your two-wheeler is not improved even after timely service, then qwsyou should check the settings of its carburetor. Re-tuning the carburetor manually or electronically many times helps in restoring the performance of the engine. With the performance of the engine, its efficiency or mileage as well increases.
- Check the Quality of the Fuel: Same as the type of bike you choose for giving you good mileage, it is also important to use good quality fuel. Never put leaded fuels that are misleading the market and select a good quality unleaded fuel for your bike. Premium fuel is the best for the performance of the engine.
- Try to Avoid Rash Riding: Overlooking the potholes, sudden braking, and racing within the city are some of the examples of rash riding. This type of riding is not only harmful to your bike but is unsafe for you also. Riding in a rash manner for a long time can also damage your bike's engine seriously in the long run and hence can reduce its efficiency and increase the consumption of fuel. Therefore, it is suggested not to ride your bike in a rash manner.
- Ride in Specified Limits: Ride within the specified limits such as a ride in mentioned speed within the city. This is not only safe for you but for all the others who are around you and maintains the efficiency of your bike as well. Try to avoid sudden acceleration and maintain a constant speed of 40 kilometers per hour within the city improves the efficiency of your two-wheeler. The permitted limit is most of the time mentioned on the roads. However, if you are unable to find it, you can check online for getting its understanding.
- Try Not to Park in Sunlight: just like us two-wheelers also do not like to be parked in the sun for too long. But their reason is not tanning, instead evaporation. Their fuel gets evaporated in sunlight and this consecutively reduces the mileage of bike. When you are aware that you will be going for longer during the day hours, ensure to park your bike under some shade. This as well improves the efficiency of your bike.
- Lubricate and Clean: After purchasing your prized possession, it is your responsibility to keep it in good shape and condition. So, in between the services, when you wash and clean your bike at home, try to lubricate its chain. This reduces the sand and dust that gets accumulated in it with time. The dust and sand are harmful in a way that they reduce the power that is needed to rotate the bike’s chain, which increases the friction and resultantly more fuel consumption.
- Altering the Original Products: It is recommended to not to alter the original parts of your bike while modifying it. This is because the original parts of any vehicle are made in sync with its engine at the time of manufacturing and replacing any of them can result in more fuel consumption and resultantly less efficiency.
- Purchase a Reliable Insurance Policy for Your Bike: It is suggested to purchase a reliable insurance plan for your bike. This is because a good insurance plan always offers the best service to your bike and never alters its original parts at the situation of damage or loss. Even if you are going to purchase a third-party bike insurance policy, then as well go for a reliable insurance provider like TVS Insurance. A third-party bike insurance policy saves you from any damage that may occur to a third-party person or property. On the other hand, a comprehensive plan provides you third-party cover as well as offers you own damage cover also. Though third-party bike insurance is mandatory before plying it on roads, it is recommended to opt for a comprehensive plan as it also provides coverage for your bike in situations of loss or damage.
Summing it Up!
Well, we do know that every bike rider wants the maximum performance from his/her two-wheeler, but it is also necessary to make sure that any changes you make must suit your two-wheeler and should not harm its any other functionality. Moreover, with all that is said above is up to you whether you follow or not, but the rising cost of fuel in India is not in your hands. However, following all the aforementioned tips can help you to improve the performance or efficiency if your bike which you may be losing with time. Afterall maintaining your priced possession is all that you need.