TVS Motor Company
TVS Motor Company is one of the leading manufactures of two-wheelers and holds a substantial market cover in India. More than 3 million two-wheeler units are sold by TVS on an annual basis.
It has four manufacturing plants of which three are in the country while one is located outside the country. The three plants are located at Hosur (Tamil Nadu), Mysore (Karnataka) and Nalagarh (Himachal Pradesh) while the fourth one is in Indonesia. Here are the scooter and bikes manufactured by TVS Motors.
- Jupiter: TVS Jupiter is one of the finest scooters that the company has ever produced. The scooter is powered by a 110cc engine generating power of 8.2 ps. The scooter is a blend of power and economy at the same time.
- Scooty Streak: This scooter is specially designed for females and offered in vibrant colours. It is powered by four strokes single-cylinder 88cc forced air-cooled engine along with sleek and slim looks.
- Scooty Pep: This scooter is the country’s most fuel-efficient scooter with a mileage of 65 kmpl. The scooter is offered in black, grey and purple colours and offers parking assistance with an easy center stand and clear turn signal lamps.
- Apache: Apache series of bikes are offered in three variants i.e. 180cc, 160cc and 150cc engines capable of overcoming every terrain. The bike carries a sporty look and is latched with features such as muscled tail cowl, muscled tank and with ABS option as well.
- Star Sport: With a high ground clearance and lightweight, this bike manages to ride with ease in tight spaces. It is available in two variants-electric start and kick start.
- Star City: This bike’s target segment is daily office-goers requiring comfortable rides and higher mileage. The bike boasts of 109 cc engine generating power at 8.4 ps and 4-speed constant mesh transmission.
Best TVS Bike Models with Insurance Price
TVS products are reliable, durable, affordable, and come with the latest technology but a TVS bike insurance is essential to cover up unforeseen expenses.
TVS Bike Models
Estimated Comprehensive TVS Bike Insurance Price
Rs 5000 onwards
Rs 5000 onwards
TVS XL 100
Rs 3000 onwards
TVS Victor GL Petrol
Rs 3000 onwards
(The above prices are for reference purposes only)
TVS Bike Insurance: Inclusions
- Third-Party Liability– In the event of accidental injuries or death, and the unlimited cover is provided as per the decision that was taken by the court.
- Third-Party Property Damage Cover- In the event of third-party property damage the insurer shall compensate up to Rs. 1 lakh.
- Loss or damage to the Insured Bike– It offers protection to you and your bike in case of an accident, collision, theft, man-made calamities and natural disasters-
- TVS insurance for your bike will compensate for natural calamities like typhoons, earthquakes, fire, flood, storms, cyclones, landslides, etc. that may damage your insured bike
- Man-made disasters such as theft, strikes, burglary, riots, terrorist acts, and malicious activities are compensated
- Moreover, accidents resulting due to external factors are also covered
- Lastly, TVS two-wheeler insurance will recompense the loss in case your bike is damaged during transit via rail, air, road, etc.
TVS Bike Insurance: Exclusions
Several benefits are provided under a TVS bike insurance policy. However, there are certain limitations also. Let’s look at some of the incidences under which the insurer can deny your two-wheeler-insurance claim-
- Two-wheeler being driven by a person who is not duly licensed
- Break down due to mechanical and electrical failures
- Using the bike or two-wheeler outside the scope of limitations
- Depreciation value of the parts
- Consequential losses
- Routine wear & tear of the bike
- If the driver is found to be driving under the influence of intoxicating drugs and alcohol
- Wilful negligence on the part of the driver
- Voluntary deductibles that you choose to pay from your pocket will not be paid by a two-wheeler insurance provider
- Damage resulting due to war conditions, nuclear weapons, or radioactivity
TVS Bike Insurance: Add-on Covers
Two-Wheeler Insurance offers some add-on benefits that you can opt for to enhance your scope of coverage. If your bike is immobilized while driving on the road, then you can avail of one or more of the add-on benefits that are listed below. Have a look:
- Flat Battery Support- If your bike is immovable due to a flat battery, then you can ask your insurer to make alternative arrangements for you.
- Towing Assistance- The services also include towing assistance to the repairer or workshop up to a certain limit
- Spare Keys- If the keys of the insured bike and scooter are lost or misplaced then the insurer will arrange for spare keys as per the policy terms and conditions.
- Flat Tyre Assistance- If the bike becomes immovable due to a flat tire, then Bike Insurance will send a technician to help you with the same in the middle of the road.
- Minor Repair Services- Two-wheeler Insurance will offer technical assistance in case the two-wheeler cannot be moved due to mechanical or electrical failure.
- Legal Advice- In case your bike meets with an accident on the road, then you can seek legal advice with a legal expert as part of your two-wheeler insurance. The advice can be availed on the phone for the duration of a maximum of 30 minutes.
Additional Benefits of TVS Bike Insurance
Furthermore, you can enhance the coverage by opting for additional benefits at a nominal price-
- In addition to the basic bike insurance PA coverof Rs 15 lakh, you can also get Personal accident cover for the owner/driver and unnamed passengers
- You can also extend coverage to all the electronic and electrical accessories of your TVS bike such as fog lights etc.
Reasons to Buy TVS Bike Insurance
- With a TVS insurance policy for your bike, you don’t need to fret about your two-wheeler’s repairs in case of accidental damage or collision if you have a comprehensive TVS bike insurance policy.
- It also safeguards you against third-party liabilities, which are mandatory to buy for all the vehicle owners/drivers in India. Furthermore, you can avail of enhanced coverage through roadside assistance, zero depreciation cover etc.
- Simply buy and renew two-wheeler insurance online and enjoy a protected ride. You will be offered financial coverage to get your TVS bike replaced or repaired in the eventuality of theft or damage.
How to Buy TVS Insurance for your Two-wheeler?
It’s quite easy to purchase your TVS bike insurance online from any of the general insurance companies. For this purpose, all you need to do is submit the below-mentioned information and get a bike insurance quote over the email.
TVS Bike Information:
- City Where the Bike was Registered (RTO)
- Cubic Capacity
- Bike Make
- Fuel Type
- Bike Model
- Year of Manufacture
- Seating Capacity
- Type of Body
- Current Bike Insurance Policy Type
- Policy Term
- Previous Policy Tenure
- Expiry Date of the Previous Policy
- Transfer of Ownership (if any)
- Cover for Accessories Installed in the Bike
- If any Claims were made in the Previous Policy
- Number of Claims in the 1st, 2NDand 3RD Year
- NCB Applicable
Your Personal Information:
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Full name
- Area of Bike Registration
- Other areas (if applicable)
- Pin code of that area
TVS Bike Insurance Renewal Process
It is imperative to renew your two-wheeler insurance policy before the expiry date. To renew your TVS two-wheeler insurance policy online here’s who you can do it-
- Simply provide your mobile number
- Policy number
- Bike Registration Number or Chassis Number or Engine Number
- Click Renew
You can get your bike insurance quote on email and it is also possible to download a copy online.
TVS Bike Insurance Claim Process
For instant support, you can reach out to them on their toll-free number or mail to them
- At the time of claim, intimation make sure that you have the following information ready-
- Name and contact details of the driver along with the driving license
- Policy number
- Time and date of the Incident
- Estimation of the loss incurred
- Overview of the damage incurred
- Contact details of the policyholder
- Call at their helpline number and their representative will get in touch with you to initiate the process
- You will be provided with a claim reference number
- Once your claim is registered with Two-wheeler insurance company, a surveyor will be assigned to assess the damage. The insurer will send a confirmation SMS along with the assessor's details.
- The survey will be conducted as per your time and convenience
- Submit all the documents required as part of claim processing
- Contact their customer help desk for the re-examination of the two-wheeler (if it was advised by the assessor)
TVS Bike Insurance: FAQs
Ans: It is mandatory to buy a third-party liability policy for all vehicle owners in India. It offers coverage to the owner/driver against any third-party death, injuries and property damage.
Ans: It will only take 5 minutes to buy bike insurance online. Simply, fill in your personal information, vehicle information and select the coverage options. Then, you can make the payment online using your debit/credit card or net banking. You can also pay the premium amount through a cheque.
Ans: Even if the vehicle was being driven by someone other than the insured (with a valid DL) then you will be eligible for a claim. This is because the liability applies to the insured vehicle.
Ans: You need to provide the following information to the insurer to initiate the claim-
- Time and date of the Accident
- Insurance Policy Number
- Contact Details
- Estimated Loss
Two Wheeler insurance articles
03 Nov 2023Bike insurance is an essential financial safety net in case of
03 Nov 2023Among all the bike insurance add-ons available in the market
25 Oct 2023When claiming on your bike insurance policy, you always look for
17 Oct 2023Tropical cyclones are prevalent, causing a huge loss of human
13 Oct 2023For two-wheeler owners, adequate coverage is crucial to keep