TVS MOTOR COMPANY
TVS Motor Company is the third largest two wheeler manufacturer in the country and among the top ten in the world. The company was founded in the year 1979 and is the flagship company of the TVS group. The company has a wide range of two wheelers in its portfolio as it mopeds, scooters and motorcycles. It has four manufacturing plants from which three are in the country while one is located outside the country. The three plants are located at Hosur (Tamil Nadu), Mysore (Karnataka) and Nalagarh (Himachal Pradesh) while the fourth one is in Indonesia. Below is the company’s portfolio:
- Jupiter: TVS Jupiter is one of finest scooters that company has ever produced. The scooter is powered by 110 cc engine generating power of 8.2 ps. The scooter is a blend of power and economy at the same time.
- Scooty Streak: This scooter is specially designed for females and offered in vibrant colours. It is powered by four stroke single cylinder 88cc forced air-cooled engine along with sleek and slim looks.
- Scooty Pep: This scooter is the country’s most fuel efficient scooter with mileage of 65 kmpl. The scooter is offered in black, grey and purple colours and offers parking assistance with easy centre stand and clear turn signal lamps.
- Apache: Apache series of bikes are offered in three variants i.e. 180 cc, 160 cc and 150 cc engines capable of overcoming every terrain. The bike carries a sporty look and is latched with features such as muscled tail cowl, muscled tank and with ABS option as well.
- Star Sport: With a high ground clearance and light weight, this bike manages to ride with ease on tight spaces. It is available in two variants-electric start and kick start.
- Star City: This bike’s target segment is daily office goers requiring comfortable ride and higher mileage. The bike boasts of 109 cc engine generating power at 8.4 ps and 4 speed constant mesh transmission.