- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Health Insurance Plan Targeting Families with Girl Children Launched
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 6267 -
Modified 12 March 2014
New India Assurance launches a health insurance plan specifically for the families with girl children. Mumbai, March 7, 2014: New India Assurance (A government-run general insurance company), earlier today launched health insurance plan especially for families with a girl child/girl children. This new scheme named “New India Asha Kiran” was launched by the insurance company on the eve of International Women’s Day.
Mr. G Srinivasan, Chairman and Managing director of New India Assurance said that this product is specially designed for families with girl children with reasonable prices and benefits specifically designed for girl children and with all these features, he expects and hopes a good and sound response for the product.
This family floater policy allows 50 percent discount for the girl children. If the parents meet with an accident, the sum assured is kept as a fixed deposit in the name of the girl children.
Srinivasan added that the precise estimate of the number of families with only girl children is still unknown, but an educated assumption would place around 20 to 30% of families under the segment that is targeted by this plan. In addition to this plan, a product piloted recently for domestic workers would be available for retail customers in the very near future, Sriniasan confirmed.
Some more innovative products are in the pipeline of the country’s largest general insurance firm, and shall soon get launched, as confirmed by Mr Srinivasan. A 36% rise in the net profit at Rs. 701 crore in the third quarter that ended on December 31st 2013, whereas it was Rs. 517 crore in the same period last year.
- Most Read
- All You Need to Know About SBI Health Insurance
Date: 15 January 2018
- Why You Should Consider Group Health Insurance
Date: 10 January 2018
- Are Senior Citizen Health Policies Restrictive?
Date: 08 January 2018
- Want to Port Your Medical Insurance Plan? Here is How to Do It
Date: 05 January 2018
- Myths and Facts about Critical Illness Insurance
Date: 28 December 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 389158
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 197233
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 149827
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 103162
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 72766