- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Government-operated health insurance scheme will benefit 4 crore people below poverty line in Karnataka. The Vajapayee Arogya Shree health insurance scheme will provide a health cover to people suffering from cancer, heart problems, neurological problems, and neo-natal and pediatric diseases.
Upon launching the scheme in Mangaluru, the State Health Minister UT Khader said, “From a population of 6.11 crores, 4 crore individuals with valid ration cards and recognized below the poverty line will avail the benefits of Vajapayee Arogya Shree health insurance scheme.”
Mr. Khader further said that since the scheme’s introduction and implementation in 2010, death rate has reduced by 68%, while medical costs borne by the patients has been trimmed by 64%.
Furthermore, the State Health Minister revealed that the government will soon launch an accident insurance scheme covering treatment costs up to Rs. 25,000 for the first 48 hours of hospitalization.
The victim can opt for the same hospital or another for receiving the treatment based on their condition post 48 hours. This choice is in the view that the accident victim would have gained consciousness within 48 hours and the family would have arrived and might in a better position to make the decision.
The scheme named as “Chief Minister’s Swantana Yojana” will impart benefits to everyone who meets with an accident in the State.
Source: This news was published on August 4, 2015 in hehindubusinessline.com under the title: “4 cr people in Karnataka get govt health insurance cover”
- Most Read
- Tip to turn Habits into Healthy Ones: The Perfect Health Guide for Women
Date: 15 September 2017
- Group Health Insurance: When You Know You are in Safe Hands
Date: 22 August 2017
- How Family Health Plan Can Keep You Out of Trouble
Date: 17 August 2017
- A Family Health Plan: Is It a Decisive Choice?
Date: 09 August 2017
- Be a Smart Brother; Gift your Sister a Health Insurance Policy This Rakhi
Date: 02 August 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 306701
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 126662
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 116693
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 70224
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 53957