- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Government Health Insurance Scheme Protects 4 Cr People Below Poverty Line in Karnataka
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1226 -
Modified 16 November 2015
Government-operated health insurance scheme will benefit 4 crore people below poverty line in Karnataka. The Vajapayee Arogya Shree health insurance scheme will provide a health cover to people suffering from cancer, heart problems, neurological problems, and neo-natal and pediatric diseases.
Upon launching the scheme in Mangaluru, the State Health Minister UT Khader said, “From a population of 6.11 crores, 4 crore individuals with valid ration cards and recognized below the poverty line will avail the benefits of Vajapayee Arogya Shree health insurance scheme.”
Mr. Khader further said that since the scheme’s introduction and implementation in 2010, death rate has reduced by 68%, while medical costs borne by the patients has been trimmed by 64%.
Furthermore, the State Health Minister revealed that the government will soon launch an accident insurance scheme covering treatment costs up to Rs. 25,000 for the first 48 hours of hospitalization.
The victim can opt for the same hospital or another for receiving the treatment based on their condition post 48 hours. This choice is in the view that the accident victim would have gained consciousness within 48 hours and the family would have arrived and might in a better position to make the decision.
The scheme named as “Chief Minister’s Swantana Yojana” will impart benefits to everyone who meets with an accident in the State.
Source: This news was published on August 4, 2015 in hehindubusinessline.com under the title: “4 cr people in Karnataka get govt health insurance cover”
- Most Read
- Everything You Need to Know about HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy
Date: 22 August 2018
- Guide to Health Insurance Plans Offered by Star Health Insurance
Date: 17 August 2018
- Should you Include Your Parents in Employer’s Group Health Insurance?
Date: 13 August 2018
- Tips to Buy and Renew Cigna TTK Health Insurance Online
Date: 23 July 2018
- What you need to know about the Group Health Insurance Today?
Date: 19 July 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 344077
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 191749
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 177190
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 107435
- How does GST Impact your Insurance Premium?
Views : 65401