- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Laxmikant Parsekar Announced - New Health Insurance Scheme in Next 4 Months
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1761 -
Modified 01 August 2014
Health minister Laxmikant Parsekar announces the final take on'Deen Dayal Swastha Seva Yojana' (health insurance scheme), in the legislative assembly.
POROVORIM: Health minister Laxmikant Parsekar announced in the legistlative assembly on Monday that the government is expecting a final take on 'Deen Dayal Swastha Seva Yojana' (health insurance scheme) and intends to make it operational in the next four months.
This came as a direct response to the starred question posed by Bicholim independent MLA Naresh Sawal on the status of the new health insurance scheme, and he added by holding the old scheme inadequate in a number of ways. According to him the old scheme gave just Rs 60,000 as insurance cover and alongside good hospitals such as Goa medical college hospital and district hospitals were not empanelled under the scheme.
While under the new scheme, 2.5 Lakh rupees and 4 Lakh rupees shall be the insurance cover for a family of up to three persons and four persons respectively. Additionally GMC and district hospitals shall also get empanelled under the new scheme. This information was shared by the health minister while he subsequently announced that the new scheme shall be tendered within a week.
According to the demand raised by Sawal, the information as to when the old scheme was discontinued and the alternative government was considering giving to people were to be told. Adding to his response Parsekar confirmed that the mediclaim scheme would still be in force and shall only be withdrawn once the new scheme becomes functional.
- Most Read
- All You Need to Know About Health Insurance in India
Date: 05 November 2018
- 10 Tips to Find the Best Health Insurer
Date: 02 November 2018
- Things to Know About ‘Recharge’ Feature of Religare Health Insurance
Date: 31 October 2018
- Health Insurance & Tax Benefits: 7 Things to Consider
Date: 30 October 2018
- Everything You Need to Know about HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy
Date: 22 August 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 371289
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 199105
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 193850
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 113159
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2018
Views : 68880