- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Star Health Insurance to Launch Insurance Plan for Cancer Patients
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 4488 -
Updated date : 07 September 2017
Star Health Insurance is looking forward to launching an insurance plan exclusively for cancer patients. At present, all health insurance products provide coverage to healthy individuals for any future medical expenses related to cancer.
Anand Roy, CMO and Executive Director of Star Health Insurance, said that the objective is to launch disease-specific plans. The existing plans cater to healthy people who would enjoy insurance advantages in case they contract cancer. We are targeting to make changes in that by catering to the neglected cancer patients. Presently, we’re working on the plan pricing and it actuarial data will serve as a basis for that, he added.
Star Health Insurance’s collection for last year was Rupees 2,962 crore and Anand said that they have plans to target Rupees 4,000 crore this year.
We’re on a track to accomplish our targets for this year and presently on a YTD (year-to-date) basis, we’ve done close to Rupees 1,100 crore of insurance premium and we are proud to say that we’re growing at the rate of 40 percent, Mr. Roy.
Keeping cancer aside, autism is another disease that Star Health Insurance is targeting the introduction of relevant products. He also said that e we’re looking forward to launching an insurance plan specifically for the children who’re suffering from autistic disorders. Once we get the regulatory permission for the same, it will be launched.
- Most Read
- IRDA Announced Modifications in Pre-existing Diseases Rules in Health insurance
Date: 12 February 2020
- Debunking 10 Myths Around the New Coronavirus
Date: 07 February 2020
- What is the Grace Period in Health Insurance Plans?
Date: 16 January 2020
- What are the Best Medical Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Diseases?
Date: 14 January 2020
- Which is Better Health or Term Insurance?
Date: 13 January 2020
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India 2020
Views : 614284
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 350212
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 268389
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies in India 2020
Views : 239695
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 173805
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator