- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Star Health Insurance to Launch Insurance Plan for Cancer Patients
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2497 -
Modified 07 September 2017
Star Health Insurance is looking forward to launching an insurance plan exclusively for cancer patients. At present, all health insurance products provide coverage to healthy individuals for any future medical expenses related to cancer.
Anand Roy, CMO and Executive Director of Star Health Insurance, said that the objective is to launch disease-specific plans. The existing plans cater to healthy people who would enjoy insurance advantages in case they contract cancer. We are targeting to make changes in that by catering to the neglected cancer patients. Presently, we’re working on the plan pricing and it actuarial data will serve as a basis for that, he added.
Star Health Insurance’s collection for last year was Rupees 2,962 crore and Anand said that they have plans to target Rupees 4,000 crore this year.
We’re on a track to accomplish our targets for this year and presently on a YTD (year-to-date) basis, we’ve done close to Rupees 1,100 crore of insurance premium and we are proud to say that we’re growing at the rate of 40 percent, Mr. Roy.
Keeping cancer aside, autism is another disease that Star Health Insurance is targeting the introduction of relevant products. He also said that e we’re looking forward to launching an insurance plan specifically for the children who’re suffering from autistic disorders. Once we get the regulatory permission for the same, it will be launched.
- Most Read
- Everything You Need to Know about HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy
Date: 22 August 2018
- Guide to Health Insurance Plans Offered by Star Health Insurance
Date: 17 August 2018
- Should you Include Your Parents in Employer’s Group Health Insurance?
Date: 13 August 2018
- Tips to Buy and Renew Cigna TTK Health Insurance Online
Date: 23 July 2018
- What you need to know about the Group Health Insurance Today?
Date: 19 July 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 342779
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 191401
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 176516
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 107140
- How does GST Impact your Insurance Premium?
Views : 65321