- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Star Health Insurance to Launch Insurance Plan for Cancer Patients
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2977 -
Modified 07 September 2017
Star Health Insurance is looking forward to launching an insurance plan exclusively for cancer patients. At present, all health insurance products provide coverage to healthy individuals for any future medical expenses related to cancer.
Anand Roy, CMO and Executive Director of Star Health Insurance, said that the objective is to launch disease-specific plans. The existing plans cater to healthy people who would enjoy insurance advantages in case they contract cancer. We are targeting to make changes in that by catering to the neglected cancer patients. Presently, we’re working on the plan pricing and it actuarial data will serve as a basis for that, he added.
Star Health Insurance’s collection for last year was Rupees 2,962 crore and Anand said that they have plans to target Rupees 4,000 crore this year.
We’re on a track to accomplish our targets for this year and presently on a YTD (year-to-date) basis, we’ve done close to Rupees 1,100 crore of insurance premium and we are proud to say that we’re growing at the rate of 40 percent, Mr. Roy.
Keeping cancer aside, autism is another disease that Star Health Insurance is targeting the introduction of relevant products. He also said that e we’re looking forward to launching an insurance plan specifically for the children who’re suffering from autistic disorders. Once we get the regulatory permission for the same, it will be launched.
- Most Read
- Why Religare Health Insurance is an Ideal Choice?
Date: 17 January 2019
- Types of Health Insurance Policies by Religare Health
Date: 15 January 2019
- What You Should Know Before You Opt For a Global Health Insurance Cover
Date: 11 January 2019
- National Health Insurance Scheme
Date: 11 January 2019
- Top 5 Health Insurance Policies for 2019 and Beyond
Date: 19 December 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 414184
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 218293
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 210602
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 123659
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2018
Views : 103681