- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Vardhan, the Union Health Minister, to Focus on Preventive Health Care and Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1755 -
Modified 30 May 2014
The ministry is soon going to implement e-governance systems in all interfaces between the government and citizens
Harsh Vardhan, a Lok Sabha memberfrom Delhi's Chandni Chowk, got appointed as Union health minister recently.
Vardhan was BJP's candidate for chief ministerial post in the last Assembly election. Well known for his Pulse Polio programme, which he initiated in Delhi during his term as city-state's health minister in 1994, Vardhan said his emphasis was on preventive health care. He said the new government would work towards developing a national health insurance policy.
After taking over as a Union Health Minister, Harsh Vardhan started contacting public health practitioners to know their views about national health insurance policy. Accordingly, he would frame policies in consultation with international health agencies.
The ministry is soon going to implement e-governance systems in all interfaces between the government and citizens and that with businesses.
Expressing concerns over the way the Reproductive and Child Health Project, the National TB Control Programme and National Disease Control Programme had been under-funded, Vardhan ensured he would work out ways to revamp these programmes.
With great focus on health care, BJP wants to streamline government departments in the health care sector, by designing a comprehensive health care policy to reduce out of pocket expenditure and push for a radical reform of the National Rural Health Mission.
- Most Read
- Can I get a Health Policy if I have Allergies?
Date: 11 December 2017
- 9 Pointers for How You Can Best Utilise Your Health Insurance
Date: 06 December 2017
- How You Can Save Taxes with Medical Expenses
Date: 30 November 2017
- How You Can Choose the Best Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens
Date: 29 November 2017
- Why Family Health Insurance Plan Needs a Timely Re-evaluation
Date: 29 November 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 365280
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 172012
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 142854
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 92432
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 66112