IndiaFirst Smart Save Plan
IndiaFirst Smart Save Plan – Overview
IndiaFirst Smart Save Plan is a non-participating, unit linked savings insurance plan that helps one save for the future to realise dreams. It offers the dual benefit of security through a life insurance cover and wealth accumulation through market linked investments. The plan enables systematic savings with the goal of generating wealth by investing savings in a choice of 4 funds across different asset classes based on one’s risk appetite. This unit linked endowment insurance plan allows one to make the most of one’s investments by switching and redirecting premium from one fund to another.
IndiaFirst Smart Save Plan - Key Features
- Unit Linked Insurance Plan: It offers the benefit of life insurance and investment in a single integrated plan. A part of the premium goes towards providing a protection cover and the rest is invested in market-linked investment funds. This life insurance product helps fulfil long-term financial goals and offers the benefit of rupee cost averaging due to its long-term nature. A ULIP plan has the added advantage of flexibility and transparency.
- Life Insurance Cover: The plan offers a life cover which helps secure the future of the family in case of the life assured’s untimely death. The Death Benefit is paid to the nominee/ appointee or the legal heir.
- Systematic Savings: The plan helps instil the discipline of investing at regular intervals in various funds to meet long-term goals
- Choice of Investment Funds:The plan gives the option of investing in 4 funds across different asset classes. It allows one to choose the proportion of investment in each of these funds based on one’s risk appetite.
- Equity1 Fund: The asset allocation in this fund is skewed towards equities, hence it has a high risk profile. It offers a high rate of return in the long term.
- Balanced1 Fund: The asset allocation of this fund is balanced across different asset classes, namely, equities, debt and money market instruments. It has a medium risk profile and gives returns that exceed the rate of inflation in the long term.
- Debt Fund: The asset allocation in this fund is skewed towards debt. The fund has a medium risk profile and provides investment returns that exceed the rate of inflation in the long term.
- Value Fund: This fund invests more in equities, especially those which are relatively undervalued and possess a high growth potential. It has a high risk profile and offers moderate to high real rate of return in the long term.
- Partial Withdrawal: The plan allows partial withdrawal of funds after 5 policy years to meet liquidity requirements in case of a financial emergency. This can be done once the life assured has turned 18. There are no partial withdrawal charges.
- Fund Switching: This plan allows transfer or switching of some or all units from one unit linked fund to another. Switching is not permitted if the age of the life assured is less than 18 years. Switches are free of charge and one is allowed 2 switches in a calendar month.
- Premium Redirection: This feature allows redirecting future investments into a different fund or set of funds. Premium redirection lets one adapt to change in personal circumstances and/ or market conditions.
- Protection of Investments from Market Fluctuations: The plan offers a feature where one’s investments can be insulated from market fluctuations by transferring funds into a Liquid1 Fund during the last 3 policy years. The risk profile of the Liquid1 Fund is low as it primarily invests in money market instruments. If opted for, 3% of the investments in each fund are automatically transferred to the Liquid1 Fund in each of the last 36 monthly anniversaries. The proportionate allocation of remaining funds does not change on transfer to the Liquid1 Fund.
IndiaFirst Smart Save Plan - Benefits
- Death Benefit: In the event of the passing away of the life assured during the tenure of the policy, provided the plan is in force and all due premiums have been paid, the Death Benefit is paid to the nominee/ appointee/ legal heir (as applicable).
The Death Benefit is higher of the following:
- Sum Assured
- Fund Value as on the date of receipt of intimation of death of the life assured
The minimum Death Benefit is at least 105% of the total premiums paid till the date of death of the life assured.
- Maturity Benefit: At the end of the plan term, provided the life assured is alive and the plan is in force and all insurance premiums have been paid, the Fund Value is paid as the Maturity Benefit
- Tax Benefits: Tax deductions are applicable on the premiums paid under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961. One can also avail tax benefits on the Death Benefit, maturity amount and withdrawal amounts under Section 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
IndiaFirst Smart Save Plan - Product Specifications
Entry Age (last birthday)
Maturity Age (last birthday)
If entry age is less than 45 years:
If entry age is 45 years or above:
‘X’ times the annualised/ single premium for regular, limited and single premium plans as per the below-mentioned table.
Premium Payment Term
Premium Payment Mode
Annual Premium Amount
IndiaFirst Smart Save Plan - Policy Details
Grace Period: 15 days grace period is allowed for monthly mode and 30 days for other modes of premium payment after which policy lapses
Policy Termination or Surrender Benefit: Policyholder is allowed to surrender the policy after 5 completed years. If surrendered before 5 years, the fund value net of discontinuation charge will be credited to the Discontinued Policy Fund where it will earn a minimum of 4% p.a. growth. After completion of 5 years, the fund value in the Discontinued Policy fund as on that date will be paid to the policyholder. If surrendered after 5 completed policy years, the entire Fund value on the date of surrender is paid without any charges
Free Look Period: If you would not be pleased with the coverage, and terms and conditions of the policy, you have the option of canceling the policy within 15 days of receipt of the policy documents, provided there has been no claim.
- Unlimited free Partial withdrawals are allowed every year after 5 completed policy years with a minimum value of Rs.5,000
- 2 free Switches are allowed every month for switching between funds with a minimum value of Rs.5000
- Premium Redirection is allowed to redirect future premiums
The benefit paid in case of suicide within 12 months of policy inception or revival is the fund value as on that date.
Policyholder has to fill up an ‘Application form/ proposal form’ with accurate medical history and submit KYC documents.
You may also like to read: IndiaFirst ULIP Plans
- Aegon Life ULIP Plans
- Aviva ULIP Plans
- Bajaj Allianz ULIP Plans
- Bharti AXA Life ULIP Plans
- Birla Sun Life ULIP Plans
- Canara HSBC ULIP Plans
- DHFL Pramerica ULIP Plans
- Edelweiss Tokio Life ULIP Plans
- Exide Life ULIP Plans
- Future Generali ULIP Plans
- HDFC Life ULIP Plans
- ICICI Prudential ULIP Plans
- IDBI Federal ULIP Plans
- IndiaFirst ULIP Plans
- Kotak Life ULIP Plans
- Max Life ULIP Plans
- PNB MetLife ULIP Plans
- Reliance Life ULIP Plans
- Sahara Life ULIP Plans
- SBI Life ULIP Plans
- Shriram Life ULIP Plans
- Star Union ULIP Plans
- Tata AIA ULIP Plans
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator