- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 16/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 7 Lac+Families Secured
EPFO Launches Mobile App and Handset-Based Services for Members
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2448 -
Updated date : 20 November 2019
Retirement fund body Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has launched mobile application and other phone-based services to access PF account details. The three new mobile-based services launched for EPF members are — Mobile Application, SMS-based Universal Account Number Activation and a Missed Call service. The move is likely to benefit over 3.54 crore subscribers, 49.22 lakh pensioners and 6.1 lakh employers.
The new mobile app can be used to access pension disbursement details. Likewise, employers can use the app to view remittance details. Once the new mobile application is downloaded from the EPFO website, members would be able to activate their UAN (universal account number) account from their mobile phones. Also, they will be access their accounts to verify monthly credits and other details.
EPFO’s SMS-based UAN activation service enables members to activate their account by sending an SMS to 7738299899. After activating UAN, members can avail various services such as passbooks and credit alerts. The SMS-service is likely to benefit members who have no access to computers. As an extension to this service, members can give a missed call at 011 22901406 to get the details of their accounts.
As reported by The Financial Express, these mobile-based services were launched by Labour Minister Mr. Bandaru Dattatreya in Hyderabad on the eve of the 208th meeting of the Central Board of Trustees. In the meeting, EPFO also raised the maximum insurance limit under its Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI) to Rs 6 lakh from Rs 3.6 lakh. The move is likely to benefit 4 crore EPF members.
- Most Read
- Does Life Insurance Policy Provide Coverage Against Coronavirus?
Date: 24 March 2020
- LIC Plans for 5 Years
Date: 12 February 2020
- Why Should You Buy ‘Sabse Pehle Life Insurance’
Date: 09 December 2019
- Aviva Life Insurance Introduces Aviva Income Suraksha for Defense Sector
Date: 14 October 2019
- KKR Sells Stake in SBI Life worth $73 Million
Date: 30 September 2019
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 2518061
- LIC Online Payment - LIC Premium Payment Options & Process
Views : 450743
- How to Check PLI Status?
Views : 216476
- एलआईसी पॉलिसी की स्थिति और प्रीमियम विवरण कैसे जांचें?
Views : 180017
- LIC Login Online: Step-by-Step Login Process to LIC website
Views : 160167
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator