The Indian government gives nod to the French insurance company AXA to increase its stake by 49% (Rs 858.6 crores capital investment) in the Bharti Group JV under FDI regulations.
Furthermore, the government allowed AXA to invest Rs 431.40 crores in the general insurance sector jointly managed by the Bharti group.
Jointly, AXA's FDI in Bharti group will be worth Rs 1,290 crores.
It is the first FDI proposal approved post the launch of the Insurance Bill in March 2015, which allows an increase of foreign investment cap from 26% to 49%. With this brilliant strategy, it is expected that more foreign investors will be motivated to improve their stakes holding in the Indian insurance business.
Source: This news was published on May 5, 2015 in economictimes.indiatimes.com under the title: Insurance FDI: AXA to up stake in Bharti JVs for Rs 1,290 crore
- Most Read
- How to Revive Lapsed LIC Insurance Policy Online
Date: 15 September 2017
- How to Save Premium Cost on your Life Insurance Purchase
Date: 13 September 2017
- Why Renewal of the Term Insurance Policy is Important?
Date: 11 September 2017
- LIC Senior Citizen Pension Scheme 2017
Date: 30 August 2017
- 5 Questions You Must Seek Answers for Before Buying Life Insurance Policies
Date: 18 July 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 978027
- LIC Policy Status: Check LIC Policy Details and Statement Online
Views : 928866
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 369995
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 359959
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 237720