During the current fiscal, Life Insurance Corporation, India’s largest insurer is about to invest Rs. 50,000 crore in the equity market. Including the in bonds, the total investment of LIC would be Rs. 3 lakh crore.
S K Roy, chairman of LIC informed that the company is planning to invest Rs. 2.50 lakh crore in bonds and Rs. 50,000 crore in the equity market. He also informed that LIC had pulled out stocks worth Rs 51,000 crore in the last financial year and had invested across sectors. In the bond market, the company had made an investment of Rs 2.40 lakh crore in the last financial year.
Picking up the preferential shares, LIC has raised its stake in various public sector banks like Central Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra and United Bank of India, during the present fiscal. During course of the year, more banks would make preferential allotment to LIC.
Disinvestment roadmap has been announced by the government for this fiscal and ONGC and NHPC have already started the process of disinvestment. The government is planning to sell out its 5% stake in SAIL, and 110% each in HAL and RINL besides sale of Tyre Corporation of India. In the disinvestment initiative of the government, LIC has been a key investor.
Government has estimated a collection of Rs 43, 425 crore from selling stake in PSUs and Rs 15,000 crore from sale of residual stake in the previous government companies.
With 24 insurers, life insurance sector earned a total premium of Rs 19,699 crore in the April – June 2014-15.
75% of market share are with LIC that helped it collect Rs 41, 441 crore and Rs 48,682 crore from individual and group premium respectively aggregating to Rs 90,124 crore.
- Most Read
- How to Revive Lapsed LIC Insurance Policy Online
Date: 15 September 2017
- How to Save Premium Cost on your Life Insurance Purchase
Date: 13 September 2017
- Why Renewal of the Term Insurance Policy is Important?
Date: 11 September 2017
- LIC Senior Citizen Pension Scheme 2017
Date: 30 August 2017
- 5 Questions You Must Seek Answers for Before Buying Life Insurance Policies
Date: 18 July 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 1016374
- LIC Policy Status: Check LIC Policy Details and Statement Online
Views : 983343
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 383774
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 378831
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 251874