- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
Investment of Rs 50,000 Crore in Equity Market by LIC
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1335 -
Modified 26 August 2014
During the current fiscal, Life Insurance Corporation, India’s largest insurer is about to invest Rs. 50,000 crore in the equity market. Including the in bonds, the total investment of LIC would be Rs. 3 lakh crore.
S K Roy, chairman of LIC informed that the company is planning to invest Rs. 2.50 lakh crore in bonds and Rs. 50,000 crore in the equity market. He also informed that LIC had pulled out stocks worth Rs 51,000 crore in the last financial year and had invested across sectors. In the bond market, the company had made an investment of Rs 2.40 lakh crore in the last financial year.
Picking up the preferential shares, LIC has raised its stake in various public sector banks like Central Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra and United Bank of India, during the present fiscal. During course of the year, more banks would make preferential allotment to LIC.
Disinvestment roadmap has been announced by the government for this fiscal and ONGC and NHPC have already started the process of disinvestment. The government is planning to sell out its 5% stake in SAIL, and 110% each in HAL and RINL besides sale of Tyre Corporation of India. In the disinvestment initiative of the government, LIC has been a key investor.
Government has estimated a collection of Rs 43, 425 crore from selling stake in PSUs and Rs 15,000 crore from sale of residual stake in the previous government companies.
With 24 insurers, life insurance sector earned a total premium of Rs 19,699 crore in the April – June 2014-15.
75% of market share are with LIC that helped it collect Rs 41, 441 crore and Rs 48,682 crore from individual and group premium respectively aggregating to Rs 90,124 crore.
- Most Read
- How to Become a Crorepati by Investing Right
Date: 07 December 2017
- Term Insurance with More Than 100 Years of Coverage
Date: 14 November 2017
- All About Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Date: 13 November 2017
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana – Features, Benefits and Eligibility
Date: 25 October 2017
- 5 Mistakes You Must Avoid While Planning Retirement
Date: 24 October 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 1142750
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1127902
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 439406
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 431387
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 308631