28th April, 2014: PNB Metlife is inclining towards the business of pension insurance. It is also focused on bancassurance and agency sales force to mark its presence.
PNB MetLife India Insurance is now gearing up to strike into the business of pension insurance as part of its strategy. This move is to utilize growth potential offered by this segment in the country.
The managing director and CEO, Tarun Chugh of PNB MetLife said that they are working on a pension product and it will be launched within next six months.
Chugh in February 2014 accepted this new role and said that there are high requirements of pension in India. 8% of the country's population are above 60 years of age and they are without any social security. 70% are under 30 years. He added that there is a huge potential for pension plans as India is a young country and one needs to invest early to build enough corpus for his retirement.
The company will soon start selling an online product and will offer products to fulfil the four requirements of customers, including wealth management, family protection, child education and retirement.
The insurer is also concentrating on strengthening its agency sales and bancassurance force apart from improving its presence through multi-distribution channels. The company is having some 40 % penetration into the PNB branches and using technology it is in the process of taking it further.
- Most Read
- Benefits of National Pension System
Date: 04 January 2019
- Invest in Long-term Plans to Build a Retirement Corpus
Date: 28 November 2018
- Best Pension or Retirement Plans for NRIs 2018-19
Date: 08 November 2018
- NPS Withdrawal Rules and How to Choose Pension Fund Manager
Date: 06 September 2018
- Why Retirement Planning should be on your Priority List
Date: 02 August 2018
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 543858
- EPF v/s VPF v/s PPF: Which One is Better?
Views : 199626
- 10 Best Pension Plans in 2017-18
Views : 191025
- LIC Senior Citizen Pension Scheme 2019
Views : 108813
- NSC Vs PPF: Which is Better
Views : 99764