Financial scenario in India has been looking up with the Sensex gaining 29.89% in the year 2014. This positive environment encouraged Aegon Religare Life Insurance to introduce unit-linked insurance product (ULIP) and a return-of-premium term product which is a term plan offering a return of premium after maturity. The USP of this product is the exclusive online sales channel launch. The reason behind this is the increase of online sales of insurance products as compared to the past year. Even though the increase is marginal and still accounts for just 1% of total policies sold.
Yateesh Shrivastava, the chief operating officer at Aegon Religare life Insurance, said, “Ulip was launched to cash in on investor interests in the equity markets, which had performed well over the past six months. The Sensex had gained 29.89% in 2014 making India one of the top-performing markets in the world”.
In the April-June quarter, total premium collected by ULIP has shown a significant growth of 33% Y-O-Y. Yateesh strongly believes that the future lies in online sales channel thus the exclusive online launch.
20% of the policies sold by Aegon Religare life Insurance are through online sales channel.
According to their Press Release, “The Ulip has no premium allocation charge and offers three investment fund options — Blue Chip Equity Fund, Secure fund and Debt fund”.
The features of Aegon Religare’s iReturn Insurance Plan is an in-built terminal illness benefit. According to this clause the policy holder gets 25% of the base policy sum assured if diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Most Read
- What Makes SBI Pension Plans Different from its Peers?
Date: 17 January 2018
- What’s Great about LIC’s Jeevan Lakshya Investment Plan?
Date: 16 January 2018
- Why LIC Jeevan Tarun Is the Best Choice for Your Child’s Education?
Date: 09 January 2018
- What Makes Money Back Plan The Best Investment Option?
Date: 08 January 2018
- Why Checking Your LIC Policy Online is a Good Option?
Date: 08 January 2018
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2018
Views : 1208732
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1185548
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 467211
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 461912
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 341322