Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd - Shriram General
- Incurred Claim Ratio - 90*
Shriram General Insurance Company is a joint venture between Shriram Group, holding 74% stakes in the company and South African based Sanlam Limited, which holds remaining 26% shares in the company.
Established in 1974, Shriram Group has an overall customer base of over 9.5 million, with more than 45,000 employees across 2400 branches in India. The company has net profit of over Rs. 15 billion and assets under management of Rs. 60,000 Crores.
The Sanlam Group, a financial services group provides professional financial advice and financial products to individuals and corporate. The company was established in 1918 and over the years, it evolved from a traditional insurer to a diversified financial service provider.
Shriram General Insurance Company has the slogan “Be Insured…Rest Assured” which clearly defines the service parameters of this company. Jasmit Singh Gujral is the Managing Director and CEO of Shriram General Insurance Company. The company has been awarded “Excellence in Growth Award” for two consecutive years i.e. 2011 & 2012.
Having a car insurance plan is mandatory. However, what differentiates one plan from another is the premium and corresponding sum assured you get. Then there are discounts, riders and freebies. Shriram group offers good car insurance product that promises to give the best coverage at a competitive cost.
Two-wheelers are one of the most economic vehicles. They enjoy better average and are easy to drive. Speed is thrilling but it can be dangerous too. So every owner should prioritize his safety and thus, guard their vehicle with apt two-wheeler insurance.
Commercial vehicle insurance is something that should be given utmost importance. This is due to the fact that the vehicle is attached to your business and therefore, to continue earning profits, it is important that your vehicles run uninterruptedly on road. A good commercial vehicle covers you against any kind of vehicle liability that might come in your way.
Shriram Policies help to safeguard your home and are specially designed to meet the insurance requirements of a householder by combining all covers under a single policy.
Life is uncertain but your future should not be. Accident, death of a bread earner can pose serious financial threat for the family. So it is advised to buy a personal accident policy to ensure complete safety and peace of mind. The policy covers medical expenses and gives financial assistance in case of disability or death of loved ones in an accident.
It is advisable to compare all Shriram General insurance plans from other General insurance companies in India to choose the best insurance plan that suits you the most.
Shriram Distribution Network:
Shriram operates with over 50 branches across the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Agriculture Insurance Company (General Insurance)
- Apollo Munich General Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz General
- Bharti AXA General
- Cholamandalam MS General
- Cigna TTK Health (General Insurance))
- Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (General Insurance)
- Future Generali General
- Future Generali Life Insurance
- HDFC Ergo General
- ICICI Lombard General
- IFFCO Tokio General
- L&T General
- Liberty Videocon General Insurance
- Magma HDI General
- Max Bupa Health General
- Oriental General Insurance
- Raheja QBE General
- Reliance General
- SBI General
- Star Health and Allied General Insurance
- Tata AIG General
- Universal Sompo General
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Access your Online Insurance Account
- Know All About the Switch Funds Option in ULIPs
- 4 Insurance Covers to Protect you During a Terrorist Activity
- Health & the city: Should you go for a zonal cover?
- Does it make sense to buy term insurance after 50?
- Compulsory and Voluntary Excess In Motor Insurance
- What to Do If You are an ‘Orphan’ Life Insurance Policyholder?
- What You Ought to Know About Reviving a Lapsed Term Insurance
- Can you trust banks as Insurance Brokers in India?
- Insurance Contract: Read the Fine Print Carefully!