- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 10/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Ensuring Peace of Mind: General Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 26 -
Updated date : 26 March 2020
Life is a beautiful ride with both ups and downs. As a famous saying goes, ‘Nobody is perfect’. Likewise, life is also not perfect. Every person needs to understand that uncertainties are a part of life and that can happen with anyone of us at any point in time.
Yes, one does not have control over uncertainties, however, what is in our control is to be prepared against the possible uncertainties and that is the maximum we could do.
Isn’t it better to be safe than sorry?
In times of any adversities, having insurance has always proved to be beneficial. Insurance is an investment and an investment, which is worth every penny. However, insurance is often not considered by a majority of the mass.
It is prudent to have general insurance as it shields you against any unforeseen events and provides financial assistance and does not leave you in distress or worry.
What Does General Insurance Mean?
We are always prone to risks. Eventualities do not come knocking. Any natural calamity, man-made calamity or any malevolent acts can easily disturb our lives and takes away our peace of mind.
Amidst the incurred loss or damage due to any reason one surely does not want to be thinking about the monetary aspect. This is when general insurance comes into the picture and does not put you in stress and ensures peace of mind.
General insurance covers acts as a safety net in times of financial distress. Of course, nobody can predict the future, however; you can be well-prepared for it. Therefore, investing in the right general insurance is of utmost importance and need to be on the top of your to-do list.
Assessing Your Needs: Types of General Insurance
General insurance is an agreement between an insurance company and the insured to protect against any financial liability in case of any emergencies.
You need to understand and opt for the right type of general insurance policy based on your requirements. Listed below are some types of general insurance policies available in India, which you should consider to buy:
Health insurance policy is imperative as it takes care of all the medical-related emergencies and provides coverage for the same. Having the right type of health insurance policy provides cover for in-patient and out-patient expenses, diagnostic charges, ambulance charges, and much more. One can easily customize the health insurance plan based on the requirements. Moreover, one can also enhance health insurance policy by opting for different add-on covers. You can buy a health insurance policy from providers such as SBI General Insurance, Religare General Insurance and much more.
One of the major benefits of having a health insurance policy is that you avail tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Travel insurance should be bought all those who have plans of travelling anywhere specifically abroad. While you are on a foreign land, you might face some uneventful circumstances, which might ruin your travel plan and lead to an unwanted fiscal cost. Under perilous situations such as trip cancellation or curtailment, loss of passport or checked-in baggage, etc. can easily create problems for you. Having a travel insurance policy takes care of the incurred expenses.
Depending upon the nature and purpose of your trip you can opt for a single travel insurance policy or multi-trip travel insurance policy. Take off with the right tailored travel insurance policy and come back with a frame of cherishable memories. A travel insurance policy can be bought from different providers such as Royal Sundaram General Insurance, HDFC General Insurance, etc.
In case you are not aware, third-party motor insurance is a legal mandate in India. However, it is always advisable to opt for a comprehensive motor insurance vehicle and ensure the different types of vehicle such as a car, two-wheeler, commercial vehicles, etc. with the correct motor insurance policy.
Motor insurance policy providers coverage in case of any damage or loss incurred, which may otherwise lead to a monetary expense. There could be various reasons for the incurred damage such as natural disasters, man-made disasters, theft, accidents and much more. Therefore, while looking for motor insurance on the premise of the type of vehicle you use to opt for a comprehensive insurance policy which will provide coverage to you as well as the third-party. You can consider buying any type of motor insurance policy from IFFCO Tokio General Insurance, SBI General Insurance, Bharti AXA General Insurance, etc.
Buying a home is one big investment. Therefore, it is important to protect your home against any possible perils. Home insurance policy is essential as under any perilous situations such as an earthquake, riots, theft, burglary, fire and ignition, etc. a home insurance policy will finically compensate for the incurred loss and damage either to the home or its content. You can avail insurance policy from insurance providers such as Royal Sundaram General Insurance, Reliance General Insurance and so forth.
Knowing Your Rights and Duties
Buying the right type of general insurance policy is merely not enough. Most of the policyholders are unaware of what the particular insurance plan has to offer. Undoubtedly, it is the job of the insurance provider to settle your claims in times of need. However, as a policyholder, you need to be aware of your rights and duties.
Rights of the Insured
Listed below are the rights of the policyholder:
- While buying any type of general insurance policy, in case the terms and conditions do not match that you were earlier promised you to have the right to either cancel or return the insurance policy within 15 days. Post the cancellation is done, the premium amount will be refunded to you possible some amount will be deducted as processing charges, which includes stamp duty, etc.
- In case you feel the need to modify the insurance plan you can do so depending upon the insurance. You can also change the mode of payment, tenure of the policy, opt for add-on covers and much more.
Duties of the Insured
Listed below are the duties of the policyholder:
- Before you zero down a policy, you need to do the research work in regards to the same. It is recommended to buy a general insurance policy online. While browsing the web analyze and compare various general insurance quotes and the features offered under the plan and then make the buying decision.
- Provide all correct information while filling the policy form. Do not forget to provide valid documents.
- Pay the premium amount on time. It is better to select for an automated payment system so that you do not miss out on timely payments.
- In case you change the address as mentioned in the policy form, do not forget to inform your insurance company.
- In case you miss out your insurance policy documents, inform your insurance provider at the earliest and the insurance provider will guide you through the process.In case of emergencies, contact the insurance provider as soon as possible.
Buying General Insurance Policy Online
How would you choose which insurance provider company to go for when purchasing a general insurance policy? How would you choose which plan suits your requirements best? Would you be able to guarantee that you have comprehended everything about the general insurance policy and procedure? Will your case be immediately prepared when you need it most?
All these are questions, which continue bothering each customer who intends to buy the policy. Your quest for the best possible general insurance policy begins by finding acceptable responses to every one of these inquiries, which is the precarious part.
This trouble is settled by insurance providers who permit you to compare various plans by going online and from one spot from the solace of your home or office assess the policy quotes and benefits. Invest some energy in comprehension and figure out the best general insurance policy.
Wrapping It Up
When you are buying general insurance, remember you are buying peace of mind. Buying the right type of general insurance will not let fall into any financial crisis.
Regardless of the profession, you practise, general insurance is something, which should not be missed out as the long term benefits of the same are priceless.
Protect yourself and your valuables. Remember, buying general insurance does not mean that you are preventing from the loss rather it means to secure and indemnify.
- Most Read
- Ensuring Peace of Mind: General Insurance
Date: 26 March 2020
- International Women's Day 2020- Protect Yourself, Gift Yourself Insurance
Date: 06 March 2020
- The Changing Framework: Drones in the Insurance Industry
Date: 26 February 2020
- Impact of Machine Learning within the Insurance Industry
Date: 18 February 2020
- Budget 2020- Impact of New Personal Tax Regime
Date: 13 February 2020
- National Insurance Policy Renewal and Online Payment Process
Views : 16752
- How to Download Tata AIG Policy?
Views : 14537
- Top 10 General Insurance Companies with Best Claim Settlement Rate
Views : 8791
- 7 Common Questions and Answers about General Insurance
Views : 8609
- How to Check New India Assurance Company Claim Status?
Views : 5680
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator