- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 10/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Reinsurance Regulations are coming by February End - IRDAI Chairman T S Vijayan
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1661 -
Updated date : 05 February 2018
The reinsurance regulations, T S Vijayan, Chairman, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) said that the reinsurance regulations will be out by February end. The reinsurance regulations will determine the insurance business & the order of preference in India.
When asked about what can be expected from the regulations, he said that life insurance regulations are making a headway and will be formulated some time. They are receiving constructive comments, and they will have to analyze them whether these suggestions abide the international standards or not. They will consider the ones that suit our country profile. So, it will take some more time.
The regulatory body explained that now that global corporations are interested in entering the Indian market, there are 4 or 5 companies that have applied for licenses & have shown a keen interest in various general insurance products. He added that insurance sector has a potential for exponential growth and any company with access to a large amount customer-related data will definitely have an extra-edge over its competitors.
Environment factors such as mobile technology, Aadhar etc. offer golden opportunities for the companies. Insurance sector should be aware of such changes since the next wave of growth lies there.
- Most Read
- Are You Buying General Insurance for the First Time? Check Out This Guide
Date: 15 June 2020
- Why do Customers Prefer to Buy General Insurance Policies Online?
Date: 21 May 2020
- New-Age General Insurance Drives the Sphere of Transformation in India
Date: 21 May 2020
- Impact of Coronavirus on Life and Health Insurance Sector
Date: 20 May 2020
- Importance of General Insurance Amidst COVID-19
Date: 07 April 2020
- National Insurance Policy Renewal and Online Payment Process
Views : 36817
- How to Download Tata AIG Policy?
Views : 20045
- Top General Insurance Companies with Best Claim Settlement Rate
Views : 11084
- 7 Common Questions and Answers about General Insurance
Views : 10281
- How to Check New India Assurance Company Claim Status?
Views : 9835
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator