- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Reinsurance Regulations are coming by February End - IRDAI Chairman T S Vijayan
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 467 -
Modified 05 February 2018
The reinsurance regulations, T S Vijayan, Chairman, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) said that the reinsurance regulations will be out by February end. The reinsurance regulations will determine the insurance business & the order of preference in India.
When asked about what can be expected from the regulations, he said that life insurance regulations are making a headway and will be formulated some time. They are receiving constructive comments, and they will have to analyze them whether these suggestions abide the international standards or not. They will consider the ones that suit our country profile. So, it will take some more time.
The regulatory body explained that now that global corporations are interested in entering the Indian market, there are 4 or 5 companies that have applied for licenses & have shown a keen interest in various general insurance products. He added that insurance sector has a potential for exponential growth and any company with access to a large amount customer-related data will definitely have an extra-edge over its competitors.
Environment factors such as mobile technology, Aadhar etc. offer golden opportunities for the companies. Insurance sector should be aware of such changes since the next wave of growth lies there.
- Most Read
- Let’s Face It, Policy Evaluation is Important!
Date: 13 November 2018
- 10 Questions to Ask while Buying Insurance
Date: 12 November 2018
- Tips to Buy a New Insurance Policy from Bajaj Allianz
Date: 30 October 2018
- 4 Tips for Saving Money While Renewing Bajaj Allianz Insurance Policy
Date: 29 October 2018
- National Insurance Company - A Quick Overview
Date: 26 October 2018
- 10 Key Income Tax Rule Changes that will be Effective from 1st April 2018
Views : 1389
- IRDAI to Give New Licenses to More Players in General Insurance
Views : 1339
- Govt to Merge 3 General Insurance Companies
Views : 952
- A Comprehensive Guide to Insurance - Life and General
Views : 917
- Adhaar Card Linking to Insurance Policy: The Road Ahead
Views : 814