All About Health Ensure Plan By Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
Health care costs have increased drastically owing to the advancement in medical facilities. The main benefit of health insurance is that it takes care of the hospitalization expenses. It ensures financial security to you and your family in case of any unforeseen medical expenses or accidental injuries that could drain all your savings.
Bajaj Allianz Health Ensure Plan is designed to decrease your financial burden at the time of need.
Sum Insured Options
- Under Individual Plan Sum Insured Ranges from Rs 50,000 to Rs 10 lakh
- Under Floater Policy Sum Insured Ranges from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 10 lakh
What makes Bajaj Allianz Health Insure Plan a Good Option?
- Both Individual and Family Floater option
- Coverage can be provided to self, children, parents, spouse, brother, sister, grandparents, grandchildren, and parents in law
- Pre-medical screening required only for applicants above 50 years of age
- Income tax benefits on the premium paid under Sec/80 D of the Income Tax Act
- Covers Homeopathic and Ayurveda Hospitalization
- Organ Donor Expenses are also covered
- The available policy term is 1-year, 2-years, and 3 years
See if you can Buy Bajaj Allianz Health Insure Plan
- Entry age criterion from 18 years to lifelong
- Only Indian residents are eligible to buy this plan
- If a Non-Resident Indian purchases the policy, the premium needs to be paid by an Indian account holder in Indian currency only
- Sum Insured for Self should be more than the sum insured of the other family members
- Self, Spouse, Dependent Children, parents, Parents In law, Grand Parents, can be covered on an individual basis
- Only the dependent children and spouse can be covered under a family floater plan. A separate policy needs to be purchased for parents and parents-in-law.
What is Covered by Bajaj Allianz Health Insure Plan?
- In-patient hospitalization expenses including the room rent charges, nursing and boarding expenses, up to Rs. 5000 per day or a maximum of 1% of SI per day whichever is less.
- Coverage for ICU charges up to Rs 10000 per day or a maximum of 2% of SI per day whichever is less.
- Fees charged by the specialist, surgeon, medical practitioner, and anesthetist
- 30 days of Pre-hospitalization expenses
- 60 days of Post-hospitalization expenses
- Road Ambulance covers up to Rs 1000
- Day Care Procedures and Organ Donor Expenses ( subjected to policy terms and conditions)
- Preventive Health Check Up facility up to 1% of sum insured or a maximum of Rs. 1500 after completion of 3 years of the policy period
- Expenses incurred on Ayurveda and Homeopathic treatment
Pre-Medical Checkup for the Policy
- It is applicable only for new proposals
- No Medical tests required up to 50 years of age (subjected to no serious health conditions)
- Pre-medical screening would be arranged at the network diagnostic centers
- The test reports will be valid for a period of 30 days from the date of the medical check-up
- 50% of the pre-medical tests charges to be reimbursed if the policy is issued and the proposal is accepted
Applicant above 51years of age need to undergo the following tests:
- Lipid profile
- Urine R
- Fasting BSL
- 4% discount on the purchase of a policy for 2 years
- 8% discount on the purchase of a policy for 3 years
Loading due to adverse Health Conditions
There is a 5% of loading charge applicable on an individual basis for claims arising due to adverse health conditions like Diabetes, Hypertension, Cholesterol, Obesity, Cardiovascular diseases, and multiple risk factors. Please refer to policy wordings for more details.
Waiting Period Clause
Details of the treatment
For all the treatments other than accidental injuries
Surgery of varicose veins, treatment required for gastric ulcers etc.
Specific treatments like sinuses, hernia etc.
Joint replacement surgery, Hypertrophied turbinate etc.
What is not Covered by Bajaj Allianz Health Insure Plan?
- Pre-existing diseases will not be covered before completion of 48 months
- Vaccination or inoculation cost unless it is required as a post-bite treatment
- Medical expenses on fertility treatment, erectile dysfunction, and similar procedures
- Any experimental or unproven treatment expenses
- Cost of tonics, vitamins, nutritional supplements unless prescribed as part of the treatment
- Experimental or unproven treatment
- Weight management and obesity treatment
- Treatment for any psychiatric illnesses or mental disorders
- Any treatment undertaken outside India shall not be covered
- Expenses during the period of recovery
- Treatment required for congenital external diseases or growth hormone therapy
- Self-inflicted injuries and suicidal attempts
- Health ailments resulting from the consumption of alcohol or drugs
- Cosmetic or aesthetic treatments
- Plastic surgery unless required for accidental injuries, cancer treatment, or burns
- The cost of hearing aids, spectacles, artificial teeth, and any other external appliances
Health Ensure by Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company is one of the most popular medical insurance policies. You can certainly opt for this affordable policy to get your exact medical requirements met without exhausting your savings. Rest assured, Bajaj Allianz Health Ensure will prove to be a savior at the time of a health emergency.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 04 December 2020