In the insurance market, health insurance products are sold in plenty. So it becomes highly difficult to choose which plan is best for you. Moreover, it is also important to choose a health plan that is affordable and does not wash away your savings. There are a few factors related to life insurance policies that you should consider while buying mediclaim policies.
The following are the factors:
- It should be noted that health insurance policies are available for the lifetime.
- After a health insurance policy is issued, no insurance company can actually levy claims.
- In the case of any hike in health insurance policy premium, insurers should give a clean chit in 3 months advance regarding notification for increasing terms of policy and premiums.
To help you buy the best health insurance policy, here is a complete guide for you:
- Everyone wants to buy a health insurance policy that has all the good features in it, such as less premium, high cover, OPD cover, maternity benefits, best claim settlement, quick claim settlement and even high-end benefits. However, it should be noted that no such dream plan actually exists in one single policy.
- In a quest to find the right policy, you may think of buying a policy at a later stage in life. It is not good for buying the best health insurance because the younger you are, the lower premium rate is. It is advised to buy the best health insurance plan within a set deadline that can get you fully covered.
- The next step is to understand who in your family you want to cover. You should consider the health conditions of your family members including your wife, children, and parents. Especially, if in your family you have a member who is above 50 years old with a medical history, then you should take up a policy that will help to get adequate coverage for your family members.
- You should assess your lifestyle because the type of health plan that you require depends on the type of lifestyle that you are following. If you can lead a very good lifestyle, it will be helpful to keep diseases at bay.
- Consider if the health insurance is a family floater or a good individual cover. Suppose there is a family member who is over 50 years old and is suffering from any illness, then you should consider an individual cover for him/her along with a family floater policy for your family. Do not keep any kind of “high-risk” family member as part of the significant family floater since other members might be left out without the sufficient cover.
- For example, Oriental Insurance Mediclaim is one of the best insurance plans. It considers age eligibility between 3 and 80 years. Under this policy, you can have cashless hospitalization and the sum assured ranges from Rs.50, 000 to Rs. 500,000. You will get a family discount of maximum 10% on the aggregate premium.
- Under this policy, you will get benefits of hospital expenses, pre-hospital and even post-hospital charges, day care expenses, ambulance charges, dental charges, organ donor expenses, and so on.
This policy has some exclusion as well. It includes any kind of pre-existing health conditions, all types of medical conditions that may happen in the first 30 days of the policy (any kind of injury is exempted), any kind of treatment related to childbirth and pregnancy, and treatment of benign hypertrophy of prostate, fibromyoma, sinusitis, hysterectomy, etc.
|You may like to Read: Best Health Insurance Plans in India|
The key features of this policy are that the entire family is covered in this policy and there is no kind of medical check-up required for those above the age of 60 years. The cover comes in two types of options, one is silver and another is gold. The silver coverage is between 1 and 5 Lakhs and the gold coverage is from 6 to 10 Lakhs.
Thus, opt for the policy that gives you maximum health benefits for you and your family.
- Why you shouldn't include Parents in Your Family Health Insurance Policy
Date: 04 July 2017
- How to Make Health Insurance a Perfect Deal for your Entire Family
Date: 28 June 2017
- How does GST Impact your Insurance Premium?
Date: 23 June 2017
- Go Beyond Car and Home Insurance this Monsoon
Date: 22 June 2017
- A Walk-through of the Top-up Health Insurance Plans
Date: 08 June 2017