- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Budget FY 2018-19: Will it Provide Tax Relief for Health and Life Insurance & Pension Plans?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 816 -
Modified 05 February 2018
A question on everybody’s mind right now is -will the coming budget offer tax relief for buying more insurance coverage? The insurance sector’s wish list includes the call for offering for more tax sops for insurance purchases and GST exemption of insurance plans.
According to Sanjiv Bajaj, MD and VC, Bajaj Capital- Life insurance is an absolute necessity for individuals for financial security. Earlier, it had a defined and clear (almost) exclusive space in Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. Now a wide variety of products are added to Section 80C, the need and importance for life insurance family are going down.
While poor insurance penetration & insufficient life coverage is prevalent in India, offering tax-benefits for term insurance would be helpful in creating insurance demand would end up in building a strong social security layer for the individuals. As per Yashish Dahiya, Co-Founder & CEO, Policybazaar.com only 8 percent of the Indian population was covered by any insurance plan such as term insurance, health insurance, and ULIPs. There is a need to addresses the insurance industry in the much awaited Union Budget FY 2018. Government must provide benefits of social security; individuals of other countries such as the US are already covered under state-sponsored social security plans.
- Most Read
- Guide to Health Insurance Plans Offered by Star Health Insurance
Date: 17 August 2018
- Should you Include Your Parents in Employer’s Group Health Insurance?
Date: 13 August 2018
- Tips to Buy and Renew Cigna TTK Health Insurance Online
Date: 23 July 2018
- What you need to know about the Group Health Insurance Today?
Date: 19 July 2018
- How to use Mediclaim Policy Premium Calculator to Calculate Premium?
Date: 28 February 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 320331
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 185370
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 165731
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 102231
- How does GST Impact your Insurance Premium?
Views : 63878