- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Budget FY 2018-19: Will it Provide Tax Relief for Health and Life Insurance & Pension Plans?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2305 -
Updated date : 05 February 2018
A question on everybody’s mind right now is -will the coming budget offer tax relief for buying more insurance coverage? The insurance sector’s wish list includes the call for offering for more tax sops for insurance purchases and GST exemption of insurance plans.
According to Sanjiv Bajaj, MD and VC, Bajaj Capital- Life insurance is an absolute necessity for individuals for financial security. Earlier, it had a defined and clear (almost) exclusive space in Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. Now a wide variety of products are added to Section 80C, the need and importance for life insurance family are going down.
While poor insurance penetration & insufficient life coverage is prevalent in India, offering tax-benefits for term insurance would be helpful in creating insurance demand would end up in building a strong social security layer for the individuals. As per Yashish Dahiya, Co-Founder & CEO, Policybazaar.com only 8 percent of the Indian population was covered by any insurance plan such as term insurance, health insurance, and ULIPs. There is a need to addresses the insurance industry in the much awaited Union Budget FY 2018. Government must provide benefits of social security; individuals of other countries such as the US are already covered under state-sponsored social security plans.
- Most Read
- IRDA Announced Modifications in Pre-existing Diseases Rules in Health insurance
Date: 12 February 2020
- Debunking 10 Myths Around the New Coronavirus
Date: 07 February 2020
- What is the Grace Period in Health Insurance Plans?
Date: 16 January 2020
- What are the Best Medical Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Diseases?
Date: 14 January 2020
- Which is Better Health or Term Insurance?
Date: 13 January 2020
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India 2020
Views : 613887
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 349980
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 268271
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies in India 2020
Views : 239444
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 173703
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator