- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Vector borne diseases like Dengue and Malaria are causing customers to claim their Health Insurance very often
Diseases like Dengue and Malaria are vector borne and are called communicable diseases. Such diseases in India are rising at an alarming rate due to urbanization and globalization. India’s climate and huge population have fairly contributed to the spread of the disease.
Medical inflation, sky rocketing healthcare cost and progress in medical technology have added to the treatment costs of such diseases. Health insurance is meant to pay for one's hospitalization expenses even then majority of the people pay for such expenses on their own as the outreach of Health insurance in India is less than 5%.
In the last one year, There has been a 25% rise in claims for vector borne diseases. Claims related to Dengue and Malaria have risen by 5%. Due to the increasing hospitalization costs, the average claim amount for such diseases has also increased, with majority of customers claiming more than Rs 40,000. It has been observed that Northern cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Surat have recorded most of the claims for dengue while Eastern cities like Kolkata have received more claims for Malaria.
- Most Read
- Tip to turn Habits into Healthy Ones: The Perfect Health Guide for Women
Date: 15 September 2017
- Group Health Insurance: When You Know You are in Safe Hands
Date: 22 August 2017
- How Family Health Plan Can Keep You Out of Trouble
Date: 17 August 2017
- A Family Health Plan: Is It a Decisive Choice?
Date: 09 August 2017
- Be a Smart Brother; Gift your Sister a Health Insurance Policy This Rakhi
Date: 02 August 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 306846
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 126704
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 116818
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 70267
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 53990