- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Insurance Limit of Rs. 30 Lakh in Insurance Compensation is Required
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1449 -
Updated date : 28 November 2018
Insurance Ombudsman (Mumbai Metropolitan Area rather than Thane and Navi Mumbai), Milind Kharat – the Insurance Lokpal office requires raising the limit of Rs. 30 Lakh on the compensation amount to the insured, as per the Insurance Ombudsman Law, 2017. While speaking at the Insurance Ombudsman Day Function of Ombudsman Office, insurance cover of Rs. 1 Crore is now very common in case of Personal Accident, Term Insurance and Health Insurance policies. However, the cap on the compensation is Rs. 30 Lakh.
The source also put lights on the need to increase the level of awareness amongst the insurance consumers. “A lot of times, they agree with the insurance company’s decision as they don’t know that they can get hold of the Lokpal”, he said. Out of about 27,808 complaints operated during 2017-18, the office is responsible for about 53.2 per cent, i.e. 24,795 complaints of life insurance. However, the number for non-life insurance is about 46.8 per cent, i.e. 13,013 complaints.
MML Verma, the General Secretary of Executive Council said, “In case of the non-life policies, health insurance plans are related to over 90 per cent complaints.” In the Life Insurance segment, HDFC (2,081), Bharti-AXA Life (1,105), Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) India (3,217), Exide Life (1,022) and Reliance Nippon Life (1,357) accredited the large portion of this set of complaints.
- Most Read
- IRDA Announced Modifications in Pre-existing Diseases Rules in Health insurance
Date: 12 February 2020
- Debunking 10 Myths Around the New Coronavirus
Date: 07 February 2020
- What is the Grace Period in Health Insurance Plans?
Date: 16 January 2020
- What are the Best Medical Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Diseases?
Date: 14 January 2020
- Which is Better Health or Term Insurance?
Date: 13 January 2020
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India 2020
Views : 613832
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 349937
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 268254
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies in India 2020
Views : 239411
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 173689
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator