- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Odissa Govt. Set to Roll Out Health Insurance Scheme Exclusively for Journalists
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1401 -
Modified 07 April 2015
In its unique initiative to woo journalists of the state, Odissa Chief Minister Mr. Naveen Patnaik has decided to unveil a health insurance scheme for working journalists, under which policyholders will bear 50% of the premium. Besides health insurance, the government is also mulling over allocation of government quarters to journalists.
Though, the health insurance policy for journalists was announced last year but it has not taken off yet. Now the state information and public relation department have decided to enroll journalists of reputed newspapers and magazines including accredited correspondents. Under the health insurance scheme, journalists would require to bear half of the premium cost along with cost of the smart card necessary for the scheme.
The premium required for the implementation of the health insurance scheme for working journalists would be met from the interest accrued from the corpus fund, meant for journalist’s welfare. However, the government has not decided whether unaccredited journalists of TV channels would be eligible for health insurance or not.
A four member screening committee, under the aegis of special secretary of the general administration department, would be formed to review the procedure of allocation of government quarters to journalists.
So far successive governments have allotted quarters to 91 journalists in Bhubaneshwar who are paying anything between Rs 450-950 monthly as a rent.
Source: This article has been adapted from the article "CM Naveen Patnaik to woo Orissa journalists with health insurance scheme" that appeared on March 27, 2015 in indianexpress.com.
- Most Read
- Types of Health Insurance Policies by Religare Health
Date: 15 January 2019
- What you should know before you opt for a Global Health Insurance Cover
Date: 11 January 2019
- National Health Insurance Scheme
Date: 11 January 2019
- Top 5 Health Insurance Policies for 2019 and Beyond
Date: 19 December 2018
- All You Need to Know About United India Health Insurance Plans
Date: 19 November 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 411782
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 216871
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 209892
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 122953
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2018
Views : 101403