- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Rising Healthcare Costs: Don’t Rely On Your Corporate Health Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 617 -
Modified 05 February 2018
As per a study by KPMG & FICCI, the out-of-pocket expenditure for Indians accounts for approx 62 percent of the total healthcare expenditure as compared to the global average of 18 percent. Those of you who are completely reliant on corporate medical insurance should pay attention to the findings of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) group medical insurance penetration in India report. As per the report, 48 percent of MSMEs prefer a low amount insured of only up to 2 lakh rupees. These Micro, Small and Medium enterprises opt for a basic coverage of personal accident & critical diseases with their focus locked on low insurance premiums which results in a reduced insurance coverage.
The take away from this report that you must buy an adequate health insurance coverage that offers good healthcare services even after 12-15 percent inflation. Over the company-provided corporate health insurance & social welfare schemes like Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana a family floater medical insurance plan should also be purchased to get maximum insurance benefits.
- Most Read
- Guide to Health Insurance Plans Offered by Star Health Insurance
Date: 17 August 2018
- Should you Include Your Parents in Employer’s Group Health Insurance?
Date: 13 August 2018
- Tips to Buy and Renew Cigna TTK Health Insurance Online
Date: 23 July 2018
- What you need to know about the Group Health Insurance Today?
Date: 19 July 2018
- How to use Mediclaim Policy Premium Calculator to Calculate Premium?
Date: 28 February 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 320466
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 185399
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 165799
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 102255
- How does GST Impact your Insurance Premium?
Views : 63887