- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Super Top Up Plan By New India Assurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 13509 -
Modified 01 October 2018
This plan takes care of your medical expenses once you have exceeded the deductible limit in your present health plan.
For example, your present health plan has a deductible limit of Rs 5 lakhs, and you are billed Rs 6 laks in some surgery. These are situations in which a Super Top-Up Plan can help.
Simply put, once you spend your deductible limit, all extra medical expenses during the whole year are paid by New India Assurance if you buy this plan. Do note that liability under the super top-up plan is limited to the amount of sum insured.
Inclusions and Exclusion of the Plan
- 4-year waiting period for pre-existing diseases.
- 2-year waiting period for covering treatment of cataract, age-related eye disorders, hernia, skin disorder, duodenal ulcer, stone in the urinary system, etc.
- 4-year waiting period for cosmetic surgeries (not applicable post an accident).
- Covers naturopathy or acupuncture, genetic disorders, dental surgery only after a continuous renewal of policy for more than 48 months.
- Does not cover treatment outside India.
- Covers organ donors with daily hospital cash benefits of Rs 500 to Rs 800.
- Covers Ayush treatments dispensed in government hospitals.
- For the first four claims, a “get well” benefit of Rs. 5000 or Rs. 8000 is offered.
- Longer waiting period as compared to other insurers.
- Deductible limit starts from Rs. 5lakh, much higher when compared to plans with Rs 1 lakh or Rs 2 lakh deductibles.
- Has ceilings on ambulance charges, doctor fees, and room rent.
(Source: This article has been adapted from the article "If your health plan falls short" that appeared on December 15, 2014 in thehindubusinessline.com.)
- Most Read
- All You Need to Know About United India Health Insurance Plans
Date: 19 November 2018
- All You Need to Know About Health Insurance in India
Date: 05 November 2018
- 10 Tips to Find the Best Health Insurer
Date: 02 November 2018
- Things to Know About ‘Recharge’ Feature of Religare Health Insurance
Date: 31 October 2018
- Health Insurance & Tax Benefits: 7 Things to Consider
Date: 30 October 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 377678
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 200654
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 197323
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 114447
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2018
Views : 73257