- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 10/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Super Top Up Plan By New India Assurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 19605 -
Updated date : 01 October 2018
This plan takes care of your medical expenses once you have exceeded the deductible limit in your present health plan.
For example, your present health plan has a deductible limit of Rs 5 lakhs, and you are billed Rs 6 laks in some surgery. These are situations in which a Super Top-Up Plan can help.
Simply put, once you spend your deductible limit, all extra medical expenses during the whole year are paid by New India Assurance if you buy this plan. Do note that liability under the super top-up plan is limited to the amount of sum insured.
Inclusions and Exclusion of the Plan
- 4-year waiting period for pre-existing diseases.
- 2-year waiting period for covering treatment of cataract, age-related eye disorders, hernia, skin disorder, duodenal ulcer, stone in the urinary system, etc.
- 4-year waiting period for cosmetic surgeries (not applicable post an accident).
- Covers naturopathy or acupuncture, genetic disorders, dental surgery only after a continuous renewal of policy for more than 48 months.
- Does not cover treatment outside India.
- Covers organ donors with daily hospital cash benefits of Rs 500 to Rs 800.
- Covers Ayush treatments dispensed in government hospitals.
- For the first four claims, a “get well” benefit of Rs. 5000 or Rs. 8000 is offered.
- Longer waiting period as compared to other insurers.
- Deductible limit starts from Rs. 5lakh, much higher when compared to plans with Rs 1 lakh or Rs 2 lakh deductibles.
- Has ceilings on ambulance charges, doctor fees, and room rent.
(Source: This article has been adapted from the article "If your health plan falls short" that appeared on December 15, 2014 in thehindubusinessline.com.)
- Most Read
- Standard Corona Kavach Policy for COVID-19 from July 10, 2020: IRDAI
Date: 29 June 2020
- IRDAI makes Health Insurance Claims Non-contestable after 8-years of Paying the Premium
Date: 17 June 2020
- 10 Major Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana
Date: 01 June 2020
- How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Scheme – A Simple Guide
Date: 01 June 2020
- Is Arogya Sanjeevani the Ideal Health Insurance Plan for India?
Date: 27 May 2020
- Best Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 652163
- Top Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 376314
- Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 286455
- Top Family Health Insurance Policies in India 2020
Views : 255753
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 192680
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator