- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
TN Decides to Accredit Hospitals Providing Health Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1629 -
Modified 17 June 2014
State health scheme has reached to more than seven lakh lives so far, spending around Rs. 1,509 crore since its initiation in January 2012
Tamil Nadu is planning to get hospitals providing healthcare services under the State-sponsored health insurance accredited for quality. The change is believed to let healthcare providers adopt standard operating procedures and release patients from unwanted expenditure necessitated by infection, wrong diagnosis and surgical errors.
The National Accreditation Board For Hospitals and Healthcare Providers will go through 149 objective parameters for entry-level approval for small hospitals. For hospitals with bed strength above 50, the board has set more than 600 standards. Infection control, pharmacy management, care of patients and patient rights are among major benchmarks. Health centres need to pay 10,000 as certification fees, and State health officials are insistent on getting a good portion of the 834 government and private hospitals offering the insurance scheme.
State health scheme has reached to more than seven lakh lives so far, spending around Rs. 1,509 crore since its initiation in January 2012. Over 2.74 lakh patients have gone through life-saving surgeries at Government hospitals. The scheme has spread its coverage to 1,016 diseases now, and is looking at including heart transplants.
Better quality lessens huge unnecessary costs for all stakeholders – the insurer, the hospital and the State. One fourth of India’s population by 2010 was benefited by several ways from Government health schemes.
Costs of excessive healthcare due to incorrect diagnosis and errors during surgeries crossed $41.5 billion in 2006, a number equal to total healthcare expenditure in India during the year. Also, NABH has only 250 hospitals accredited in a country of more than one lakh health centres.
- Most Read
- Everything You Need to Know about HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy
Date: 22 August 2018
- Guide to Health Insurance Plans Offered by Star Health Insurance
Date: 17 August 2018
- Should you Include Your Parents in Employer’s Group Health Insurance?
Date: 13 August 2018
- Tips to Buy and Renew Cigna TTK Health Insurance Online
Date: 23 July 2018
- What you need to know about the Group Health Insurance Today?
Date: 19 July 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 340539
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 190793
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 175417
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 106670
- How does GST Impact your Insurance Premium?
Views : 65194