- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
State health scheme has reached to more than seven lakh lives so far, spending around Rs. 1,509 crore since its initiation in January 2012
Tamil Nadu is planning to get hospitals providing healthcare services under the State-sponsored health insurance accredited for quality. The change is believed to let healthcare providers adopt standard operating procedures and release patients from unwanted expenditure necessitated by infection, wrong diagnosis and surgical errors.
The National Accreditation Board For Hospitals and Healthcare Providers will go through 149 objective parameters for entry-level approval for small hospitals. For hospitals with bed strength above 50, the board has set more than 600 standards. Infection control, pharmacy management, care of patients and patient rights are among major benchmarks. Health centres need to pay 10,000 as certification fees, and State health officials are insistent on getting a good portion of the 834 government and private hospitals offering the insurance scheme.
State health scheme has reached to more than seven lakh lives so far, spending around Rs. 1,509 crore since its initiation in January 2012. Over 2.74 lakh patients have gone through life-saving surgeries at Government hospitals. The scheme has spread its coverage to 1,016 diseases now, and is looking at including heart transplants.
Better quality lessens huge unnecessary costs for all stakeholders – the insurer, the hospital and the State. One fourth of India’s population by 2010 was benefited by several ways from Government health schemes.
Costs of excessive healthcare due to incorrect diagnosis and errors during surgeries crossed $41.5 billion in 2006, a number equal to total healthcare expenditure in India during the year. Also, NABH has only 250 hospitals accredited in a country of more than one lakh health centres.
- Most Read
- Tip to turn Habits into Healthy Ones: The Perfect Health Guide for Women
Date: 15 September 2017
- Group Health Insurance: When You Know You are in Safe Hands
Date: 22 August 2017
- How Family Health Plan Can Keep You Out of Trouble
Date: 17 August 2017
- A Family Health Plan: Is It a Decisive Choice?
Date: 09 August 2017
- Be a Smart Brother; Gift your Sister a Health Insurance Policy This Rakhi
Date: 02 August 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 306186
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 126530
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 116279
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 70083
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 53875