- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
United India Insurance Winner of Contract for Pensioners’ in Tamil Nadu
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 4574 -
Updated date : 13 September 2019
United India Insurance Company has won the contract for health insurance scheme for pensioners, implemented by the Tamil Nadu Government.
This health insurance scheme is designed to offer health care assistance of up to 2 lakh for a period of 4 years to the pensioner, his spouse and family on cashless terms.
As per the government order, National Competitive Bidding was issued where United India Insurance emerged as the winner according to the recommendations of tender accepting committee.
Government and the Chennai - based company have entered into an agreement for execution of the scheme that is applicable for a period of four years. Company said that the scheme shall be managed via third party administrator under the control of United India Insurance Company.
A subscription of Rs.150 per month would be offered to the pensioners for the health insurance scheme. The Government would be responsible for paying the insurance premium together with the service tax to the insurance company on behalf of the pensioners.
The scheme is likely to initiate from July 1, 2014 and carried till June 30, 2018. For any query or issue, pensioner may contact toll free helpline 1800233 5544.
As announced by Tamil Nadu Finance Minister O Paneerselvam in his budget speech, early this year, the Government would execute a new health insurance scheme on the lines of the Government Employees Health insurance scheme.
- Most Read
- Do I Get Tax Benefits For Buying Health Insurance?
Date: 04 December 2019
- Difference Between Health Insurance and Mediclaim
Date: 28 November 2019
- Things to Check before Buying a Second Health Insurance Plan
Date: 27 November 2019
- Can Health Insurance Save you From Cancer Expenses?
Date: 13 November 2019
- Things to Know Before Picking a Health Insurance Plan
Date: 15 October 2019
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 573577
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 319572
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 255813
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2019
Views : 214831
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 162350
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator