- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
United India Insurance Winner of Contract for Pensioners’ in Tamil Nadu
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2279 -
Modified 07 July 2014
United India Insurance Company has won the contract for health insurance scheme for pensioners, implemented by the Tamil Nadu Government.
This health insurance scheme is designed to offer health care assistance of up to 2 lakh for a period of 4 years to the pensioner, his spouse and family on cashless terms.
As per the government order, National Competitive Bidding was issued where United India Insurance emerged as the winner according to the recommendations of tender accepting committee.
Government and the Chennai - based company have entered into an agreement for execution of the scheme that is applicable for a period of four years. Company said that the scheme shall be managed via third party administrator under the control of United India Insurance Company.
A subscription of Rs.150 per month would be offered to the pensioners for the health insurance scheme. The Government would be responsible for paying the insurance premium together with the service tax to the insurance company on behalf of the pensioners.
The scheme is likely to initiate from July 1, 2014 and carried till June 30, 2018. For any query or issue, pensioner may contact toll free helpline 1800233 5544.
As announced by Tamil Nadu Finance Minister O Paneerselvam in his budget speech, early this year, the Government would execute a new health insurance scheme on the lines of the Government Employees Health insurance scheme.
- Most Read
- Starting a Family? Beware Of Private Health Insurance Waiting Period Pitfalls
Date: 10 November 2017
- 10 Ways to Keep the Family Healthy This Winter
Date: 08 November 2017
- Personal Accident Cover: Benefits that are Sure To Becharm You
Date: 26 October 2017
- What are the Benefits of Buying Insurance Online?
Date: 13 October 2017
- 4 Things You Shouldn’t Ignore While Buying Maternity Plans
Date: 13 October 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 351430
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 157318
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 138904
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 86551
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 62873