Star Health Insurance for Diabetes
Star Health Insurance policy for Diabetes has been designed for people who are suffering from Diabetes Mellitus. They can get medical insurance coverage under Star Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy. It is available on both Individual and family floater basis. Both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes patients can be insured under this diabetes medical insurance policy.
Eligibility Criteria to buy Star Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy
Star Health Insurance policy for Diabetes can be purchased by individuals between the age group of 18years and 65 years who already have Diabetes Mellitus.
Exclusions of Star Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy
- Any claim arising within the waiting period will not be covered until it is an accidental case
- Anyone who is on artificial life support, or is in the non-recoverable health condition
- Any consequential treatment resulting from an aesthetic treatment, any surgery or plastic surgery
- Any treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- Any treatment that is carried out due to mental disorders, physiological illnesses or as a symptom of depressants
- Illness or damage resulting due to consumption of alcohol, intoxicating drugs or tobacco
- Medical expenses on routine check-up are not compensated
- Any gender change surgery is beyond the scope of coverage
- Expenses incurred on OPD treatment are excluded
- Cost of medical treatment undertaken overseas
- Any loss or damage arising due to self-inflicted injuries and suicidal attempts cannot be claimed
- Any illness or injury resulting due to breach of conduct or law by the policyholder, or with the intentions of war, destruction, crime, rebellion, mutiny, attacks, usage of weapons, detainment is not processed
Aforementioned are the common limitations of a family health insurance plan, and it is advisable to check the policy document before making any purchase.