- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
22 Insurance Claims Settled Under Modi’s Social Security Schemes
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1437 -
Modified 30 June 2015
Within a month of the launch, around 22 claims have been settled under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s social insurance schemes as per the data collected by the Finance Ministry. Thus, these schemes have proved to be a great relief for near & dear ones of the policyholders. The government had launched Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) to offer insurance cover at a nominal rate, w.e.f June 1.
Under PMJJBY, 19 claims have been settled so far and 3 under PMSBY, thus, bringing relief to the kin of the deceased.
PMSBY gives a renewable one-year accidental death- cum-disability cover of Rs 2 lakh incase of partial/permanent disability to all saving bank account holders in 18-70 age group. The plan can be bought for a premium of Rs 12 per annum per subscriber. The scheme is managed by general insurance firms.
On the other hand, PMJJBY offers a renewable one year life cover of Rs 2 lakh to all savings bank account holders in 18-50 age-group. The policy which can be bought for a premium of Rs 330/annum per subscriber, covers death due to any reason.
Source - This news was published on June 30, 2015 in www.business-standard.com under the title: 22 claims settled in 30 days under PM's insurance schemes
- Most Read
- Tax Benefits on Life Insurance
Date: 30 July 2018
- How Life Insurance Help you To Stay Financially Safe?
Date: 23 July 2018
- 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Cancel Your Life Insurance Policy
Date: 23 July 2018
- How to Choose Life Insurance Plans According to Your Income?
Date: 22 June 2018
- 10 Risky Cities in India Where One Must Have Life Insurance
Date: 19 June 2018
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1607470
- LIC Online Payment - LIC Premium Payment Options & Process
Views : 220125
- LIC Login Online: Step-by-Step Login Process to LIC website
Views : 79978
- Life Insurance: Checking Policy Status
Views : 76677
- How to Check PLI Status?
Views : 74837