- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
Allahabad University Issuing Insurance to Student
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1136 -
Modified 06 March 2014
Allahabad University (AU) has planned to offer insurance cover to its student from the coming academic session letting their parents stay tension free. If one requires to access the facility then he/she would be required to submit a sum of around Rs. 74 at the time of fees submission. The amount will be finalized in the university’s meeting of Academic Council. The insurance cover will protect students against various issues like accidents and even serious or different diseases which require better treatment for recovery and controlling, and which cannot be provided by the doctors at the health centre of the university.
The scheme of insurance for students against aliments and accidents came into being as the Dean Student Welfare (DSW) requires to provide financial support during any emergency situation occurring with the student. But many a times the funds provided by the office could not meet the demands, giving way to need of insurance policy. Authorities of Allahabad University had called upon various insurers, last year, for comparing the best insurance plan with apt premium rates. After this long process the authorities finalized Rs 74 per year for the insurance cover and the Dean Student Welfare had already agreed to this proposal.
Prof Jagdamba Singh from DSW said that this scheme will provide relaxation to the parents who have sent their children to this university because in case of any mishappenings the child can be compensated by the insurance company. He also informed that the meeting with the Academic Council will clear the final formalities and charges involved with this scheme and initiate the introduction of the same.
- Most Read
- Everything You Need To Know About SBI Child Insurance Plan
Date: 08 March 2018
- 5 Things You Don’t Know About Unit Linked Pension Plans
Date: 07 March 2018
- Common Myths about Child Insurance Plans
Date: 07 March 2018
- Long Term Capital Gains Tax: Time for ULIPs to Rise and Shine
Date: 05 February 2018
- Term Vs Whole Life Insurance: Which one you Should Buy?
Date: 01 February 2018
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2018
Views : 1298686
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1250861
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 505677
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 500007
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 378231