Allahabad University (AU) has planned to offer insurance cover to its student from the coming academic session letting their parents stay tension free. If one requires to access the facility then he/she would be required to submit a sum of around Rs. 74 at the time of fees submission. The amount will be finalized in the university’s meeting of Academic Council. The insurance cover will protect students against various issues like accidents and even serious or different diseases which require better treatment for recovery and controlling, and which cannot be provided by the doctors at the health centre of the university.
The scheme of insurance for students against aliments and accidents came into being as the Dean Student Welfare (DSW) requires to provide financial support during any emergency situation occurring with the student. But many a times the funds provided by the office could not meet the demands, giving way to need of insurance policy. Authorities of Allahabad University had called upon various insurers, last year, for comparing the best insurance plan with apt premium rates. After this long process the authorities finalized Rs 74 per year for the insurance cover and the Dean Student Welfare had already agreed to this proposal.
Prof Jagdamba Singh from DSW said that this scheme will provide relaxation to the parents who have sent their children to this university because in case of any mishappenings the child can be compensated by the insurance company. He also informed that the meeting with the Academic Council will clear the final formalities and charges involved with this scheme and initiate the introduction of the same.
- Most Read
- How to Revive Lapsed LIC Insurance Policy Online
Date: 15 September 2017
- How to Save Premium Cost on your Life Insurance Purchase
Date: 13 September 2017
- Why Renewal of the Term Insurance Policy is Important?
Date: 11 September 2017
- LIC Senior Citizen Pension Scheme 2017
Date: 30 August 2017
- 5 Questions You Must Seek Answers for Before Buying Life Insurance Policies
Date: 18 July 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 966988
- LIC Policy Status: Check LIC Policy Details and Statement Online
Views : 912154
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 365801
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 355343
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 233062