- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
BJP Raises The Cap On Foreign Investment in Insurance Sector
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1042 -
Modified 06 March 2014
Bharatiya Janta Party has set few goals which will be executed if the party wins the elections which are to be held in the month of May and one such step is of increasing the foreign investment limit from current 26% to a higher percentage in the insurance sector. This step of inviting more foreign participation is sure to grow our economy to over $45 billion insurance business and present government had already requested for an approval to increase the limit of up to 49%. This step towards relaxing insurance sector continuously faced rejections from opposition or people within the union.
This plan has also faced hurdles like rejection from employees at state-controlled insurance companies as they believe that involvement of foreigners will give all the authority in their hands esp. domestic savings which might harm the national interest.
Focusing on the slowest growth of economy in a decade, Jaitley said that BJP would work to revitalize investment to a better percentage from just 4.7 percent in the last year. He added that the plan of raising FDI to 49% is just a proposal on the drawing board.
The elections expected to take place in the month of April or May showcases that prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s party, BJP, is looked forward as the single largest party with quality of forming a coalition government. Modi has highlighted the following points in his speeches- providing jobs to disaffected youths, bringing the economy back to its best and creating a strong government.
As per Jaitley, BJP does not want to put any danger on the retail sector and hence would not let the foreign investments enter this segment.
- Most Read
- What Makes SBI Pension Plans Different from its Peers?
Date: 17 January 2018
- What’s Great about LIC’s Jeevan Lakshya Investment Plan?
Date: 16 January 2018
- Why LIC Jeevan Tarun Is the Best Choice for Your Child’s Education?
Date: 09 January 2018
- What Makes Money Back Plan The Best Investment Option?
Date: 08 January 2018
- Why Checking Your LIC Policy Online is a Good Option?
Date: 08 January 2018
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2018
Views : 1202457
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1180129
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 464601
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 459116
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 338277