Finance ministry is considering increasing FDI in insurance sector from 26 per cent to 49 per cent with few riders like restriction on voting right.
The government might raise the FDI cap in the sector initially beginning with non-life and health followed by life insurance segment. A proposal to raise the FDI cap in the sector was conceptualized by the previous United Progressive Alliance government and has been pending in Parliament since 2008. The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party had condemned raising the FDI cap in the insurance sector from 26 per cent to 49 per cent.
The Standing Committee on Finance had previously turned down the proposal, saying it may not have the required impact and could expose the economy to global vulnerability.
- Most Read
- How to Revive Lapsed LIC Insurance Policy Online
Date: 15 September 2017
- How to Save Premium Cost on your Life Insurance Purchase
Date: 13 September 2017
- Why Renewal of the Term Insurance Policy is Important?
Date: 11 September 2017
- LIC Senior Citizen Pension Scheme 2017
Date: 30 August 2017
- 5 Questions You Must Seek Answers for Before Buying Life Insurance Policies
Date: 18 July 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 1022940
- LIC Policy Status: Check LIC Policy Details and Statement Online
Views : 991996
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 385724
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 382206
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 254675