- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
Finance Ministry is Thinking of Increasing FDI Cap in Insurance with Riders
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1346 -
Modified 05 June 2014
Finance ministry is considering increasing FDI in insurance sector from 26 per cent to 49 per cent with few riders like restriction on voting right.
The government might raise the FDI cap in the sector initially beginning with non-life and health followed by life insurance segment. A proposal to raise the FDI cap in the sector was conceptualized by the previous United Progressive Alliance government and has been pending in Parliament since 2008. The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party had condemned raising the FDI cap in the insurance sector from 26 per cent to 49 per cent.
The Standing Committee on Finance had previously turned down the proposal, saying it may not have the required impact and could expose the economy to global vulnerability.
- Most Read
- What are the ULIP Charges that Everyone Needs to Know
Date: 13 July 2018
- Types Of Investments in India
Date: 12 July 2018
- Types of Term Insurance Plans
Date: 03 July 2018
- Aegon iTerm vs ICICI Prudential iProtect Term Insurance
Date: 29 June 2018
- Term Insurance vs Traditional Life Insurance: Benefits Compared
Date: 27 June 2018
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1444658
- LIC Online Payment - LIC Premium Payment Options & Process
Views : 200741
- Life Insurance: Checking Policy Status
Views : 74998
- LIC Login Online: Step-by-Step Login Process to LIC website
Views : 68634
- How to Check PLI Status?
Views : 59293