- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
HDFC Standard And Birla Life Bidding For Aviva Life
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 3088 -
Modified 12 March 2014
Six companies including Birla Sun Life and HDFC Standard Life are interested in purchasing Aviva Plc's Indian business Aviva Life, the UK-based life insurer, venturing with Dabur group. Concerned with the multinational insurers losing interest in business in India, the Burmans want to sell it off as soon as they get the right valuation for their business.
JP Morgan and Deutsche Bank is responsible for selling the stakes of Aviva in the Indian joint venture where the value of the company is counted around Rs. 5000 crore. HDFC Life refused to comment on the market speculations as it avoids such situations unless there is some sort of disclosure made.
Aviva used to sell insurance policies via 30 cooperative banks including RBS, Punjab & Sind Bank etc. with a network of 134 branches. Its poor performance has drastically slipped its rank to 13th position with premium income decreasing by 11%.
New York Life and Reliance Life sold their stakes, around 26%, to Mitsui Sumitomo and Nippo Life respectively three times the embedded value, whereas, ING Life sold its stake in 25% lower for 550 crore value to Rajana Raheja of Exide in desperation to exit.
Aviva is one of the multinational insurers who are drawing back their hand and quitting their business in India because of several factors like slow growth, restriction on raising their stake above 26% or some other problem back home. ING and New York Life are two international insurers which stepped out after the insurance sector allowed entry of private and foreign companies. Even HSBC blocked its life insurance.
- Most Read
- Everything You Need To Know About SBI Child Insurance Plan
Date: 08 March 2018
- 5 Things You Don’t Know About Unit Linked Pension Plans
Date: 07 March 2018
- Common Myths about Child Insurance Plans
Date: 07 March 2018
- Long Term Capital Gains Tax: Time for ULIPs to Rise and Shine
Date: 05 February 2018
- Term Vs Whole Life Insurance: Which one you Should Buy?
Date: 01 February 2018
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2018
Views : 1294291
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1247394
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 503922
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 498108
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 376695