- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
Irda Asks Insurers to Display Unclaimed Amount Info of Above Rs 1,000
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1536 -
Modified 12 December 2014
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (Irda) on Wednesday said insurance companies will be required to display information about any unclaimed amount above Rs 1,000 on their respective websites.
Policyholders would be given an option in the insurer's website to check whether any amount of theirs is lying due and with the insurance company.
For this, the policyholder would be required to enter their PAN details, policy number, name and date of birth.
While a circular on this issue was issued in February 2014, following representation from insurance bodies, the regulator has made some amendments.
Insurers will be needed to provide this information as of December 31, 2014 by January 31, 2015. Subsequently, this will be uploaded on a half-yearly basis as on March 31 and September 30, by April 30 and October 31 respectively.
For new insurance policies, companies will have to bank details of insured in the proposal form. However, this is not applicable to term insurance (without return of premium), insurance policies with annualised premium up to Rs 25000 and those with bank accounts not linked to RBI Core Banking Solutions.
This circular comes into force from October 1, 2014.
(Original Source - http://www.business-standard.com/article/finance/irda-asks-insurers-to-display-unclaimed-amount-info-of-above-rs-1-000-114082001211_1.html)
- Most Read
- Tax Benefits on Life Insurance
Date: 30 July 2018
- How Life Insurance Help you To Stay Financially Safe?
Date: 23 July 2018
- 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Cancel Your Life Insurance Policy
Date: 23 July 2018
- How to Choose Life Insurance Plans According to Your Income?
Date: 22 June 2018
- 10 Risky Cities in India Where One Must Have Life Insurance
Date: 19 June 2018
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1623955
- LIC Online Payment - LIC Premium Payment Options & Process
Views : 221861
- LIC Login Online: Step-by-Step Login Process to LIC website
Views : 80558
- Life Insurance: Checking Policy Status
Views : 76820
- How to Check PLI Status?
Views : 76486