- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 16/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 7 Lac+Families Secured
Samsung Life is Planning to Buy 26% Stake in ING Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2737 -
Updated date : 07 May 2014
Deal with present owner Exide would be signed in a few weeks time
Exide Industries, the owner of ING Life Insurance, is deciding to sell 26 per cent of its stake to Korean insurer Samsung Life.
Exide has been holding shares in ING Life since 2005. It has had 50 per cent share in ING Life Insurance. Subsequently, when ING Group moved out of the venture, Exide took over the group's 26 per cent stake; it even bought 16.32 per cent from Hemendra Kothari Group and 7.68 per cent from Enam Group, all for a total consideration of around Rs 550 crore.
Post the buyout, Exide said it wanted a new international player to enter into the life insurance segment so as to push fresh equity into ING Life.
ING Group had granted Exide the rights to use the ING brand for a year. As soon as the deal gets approved, this would end.
The sudden exit of ING and other partners had shifted the entire responsibility of running the business on Exide. They therefore decided to introduce a partner such as Samsung Life as it could use its expertise in the global insurance segment in India.
For the period between April 2013-December 2013, ING Life Insurance had recorded a net loss of Rs 13.8 crore, compared with a net loss of Rs 30.3 crore for the corresponding period a year ago. For the April-December 2013 period, ING Life gathered total premium of Rs 1,090.10 crore, against Rs 1,079.26 crore in the same period of 2012. During the same time, its new business premium hiked by 7.7 per cent.
- Most Read
- Does Life Insurance Policy Provide Coverage Against Coronavirus?
Date: 24 March 2020
- Top Life Insurance Plans in India to Invest
Date: 16 March 2020
- LIC Plans for 5 Years
Date: 12 February 2020
- Why Should You Buy ‘Sabse Pehle Life Insurance’
Date: 09 December 2019
- Aviva Life Insurance Introduces Aviva Income Suraksha for Defense Sector
Date: 14 October 2019
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 2582950
- LIC Online Payment - A Complete Guide
Views : 476110
- How to Check PLI Status?
Views : 229255
- एलआईसी पॉलिसी की स्थिति और प्रीमियम विवरण कैसे जांचें?
Views : 182927
- LIC Login Online: Step-by-Step Login Process to LIC website
Views : 167444
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator