- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 10/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Budget 2020: Insurance Industry to Remain Hindered
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 581 -
Updated date : 04 June 2020
The insurance sector plays a focal role in the development of an economy. Insurance assists in manoeuvring the small savings of the taxpayers to develop funds, which can further be invested either in the sector of infrastructure or in the capital markets. This will further result in the accessibility of capital, which will help for the development, and growth of the country.
Budget 2020 has surely left the insurance industry slightly disappointed. Besides, some proposals have a negative influence on the insurance industry. For instance, the introduction of new optional tax regime for any individual and Hindu Undivided Family wherein with the changes in the tax slabs and rates, now, the taxpayer need to undergo a lot of deductions under the Income Tax Act,1961 (ITA) and so on.
The penetration of insurance is already low in India. Besides, with the new optional tax regime, chances are that individual taxpayers falling in the lower bracket might not buy or renew life insurance product any further, which is a negative impact upon the life insurance sector. Moreover, earlier announced in the budget in regards to the Foreign Direct Investment policy announcement remain untouched in budget 2020.
The negative impact of the budget on the life insurance sector will negatively influence LIC validation. Therefore, it is expected that the government would enhance the FDI limit in insurance companies up to 74%, which will help in improving insurance penetration and innovation in the country.
*Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws
- Most Read
- Are You Buying General Insurance for the First Time? Check Out This Guide
Date: 15 June 2020
- Why do Customers Prefer to Buy General Insurance Policies Online?
Date: 21 May 2020
- New-Age General Insurance Drives the Sphere of Transformation in India
Date: 21 May 2020
- Impact of Coronavirus on Life and Health Insurance Sector
Date: 20 May 2020
- Importance of General Insurance Amidst COVID-19
Date: 07 April 2020
- National Insurance Policy Renewal and Online Payment Process
Views : 38367
- How to Download Tata AIG Policy?
Views : 20887
- Top General Insurance Companies with Best Claim Settlement Rate
Views : 11425
- 7 Common Questions and Answers about General Insurance
Views : 10384
- How to Check New India Assurance Company Claim Status?
Views : 10380
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator