Want to Download National Insurance Policy? Here Is How to Do It!
The National Insurance Company was established in the year 1906 and is the oldest General Insurance provider of India. The company was the first to introduce the customized general insurance plans and is well-known for its customer-centric approach. From policy purchase to claim settlement, every process is easy and quick with National Insurance.
If you have purchased a National Insurance Policy, but misplaced it or unable to go to the nearest branch of the company or do not want to call an agent to give you your policy due to new social and hygiene norms of the society, then you can download it from the website of the company.
The user-friendly website of National Insurance Company enables you to download your insurance policy without much effort. Below are the steps to download policy from the website of National Insurance Company:
Steps to Download National Insurance Policy
- Step 1: Go to the official website of the National Insurance Company.
- Step 2: Navigate to the customer portal.
- Step 3: If you are not registered, then get yourself registered by providing your policy number, name, registered contact number, and email id.
- Step 4: Once you are registered, your user id and password will be generated.
- Step 5: Login by using your generated user id and password.
- Step 6: Leave a request for the document of your policy.
- Step 7: Your policy document is sent to your registered email id and you can download it from there.
Note: After you have purchased your general insurance policy, the National Insurance Company will share the documents with you on your registered email id. If you have deleted the email of your insurer by fault, then you can follow the aforementioned steps to get these documents.
If you face any problem at the time of downloading your policy, then do not worry because National Insurance provides 24X7 chat service. From this live chat option, you can chat with a representative of the company and get your queries resolved. You can as well contact the company by calling their toll-free number, or email them at customer.support[@]nic[.]co[.]in
Summing It Up:
The download of your insurance policy from the website of National Insurance is quite simple and quick. All you need to do is to get yourself registered and if you have already registered then by using your credentials, which are your user id and password, you can download your policy. Moreover, for any confusion, you can anytime chat with a representative of the company. The option to call on the toll-free number of National Insurance as well enables you to resolve all your queries easily. Since there is no limitation in the number of downloads of your insurance policy, so you can download your insurance plan anytime anywhere.
National Insurance Policy - FAQs
The Company offers an extensive range of insurance products, which are:
- National Motor Insurance Policy
- National Health Insurance Policy
- National Fire Insurance Policy
- National Engineering Policy
- National Marine Insurance Policy
- National Miscellaneous Insurance Policy
- National Rural Insurance Policy
Ans: Yes, you can show the soft copy of your insurance policy. It is difficult to carry a hard copy of your insurance policy every time. So, at the time of emergencies, you can use the soft copy of your insurance policy.
Ans: There is no limit on the number of downloads. You can download your insurance policy as many times as you want.
Ans: Yes, you can always download your National Insurance policy from the website of the company by following the aforementioned steps.
However, it is not advantageous to buy an insurance policy through an agent, whether it is a car insurance plan or a motor insurance policy. Let us see the disadvantages of buying a car insurance policy through an agent:
- Comparison of Policies: An insurance agent or dealer provides you information as per his/her loss and profit and you cannot rely on the authenticity of the information provided by him/her. In addition to this, you cannot compare various plans. For taking an informed decision, it is recommended to compare different car insurance policies.
- Few Options: A dealer always provides you with limited options when you are going to purchase an insurance plan from him/her and that too from the car insurance providers who are giving him/her a good percentage of profit.
- Higher Price of Insurance Policy: An insurance policy taken through an agent is expensive than that purchased online or directly through the insurance company. The reason for the same is the commission of the agent. Yes, a policy purchased through an agent includes his/her commission, thus its price is higher than a policy purchased directly.
- Fixed Cover: Because of the limitation in policy comparison and availability of options, an insurance plan purchased through an agent offers fixed coverage. If you could have compared different insurance plans online as per your requirements, you would have ended up purchasing a more suitable plan with the required cover.
- Confusion While Making a Claim: It is often seen that insurance dealers explain to you the facilities that you will be getting or at the time of claim you will claim them, but when the time comes, they backout. It is many times seen that the policyholder is bluffed. On one hand, the insurance company denies paying off for some damages by saying that it was mentioned in the terms and conditions of the insurance plan, on the other hand, the insurance agent denies helping by imposing all the blame on the insurer. In such a situation, the policyholder gets stuck and feels helpless.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 05 January 2021