Types of United India Health Insurance Plans
United India Insurance Company Ltd. is one of the oldest health insurers in India with 82 years in the service. The insurance provider has its offices in close to 1000 tier II & III towns and villages.
The insurer offers a vast range of health insurance plans. You can choose from this range of plans as per your healthcare families. With the incurred claim ratio of 110.95% and more than 7000 network hospitals, the insurer becomes a suitable choice for many. We have listed here the different medical insurance policies provided by the company with their coverage benefits and features.
- United India Individual Health Policy- This is an individual health insurance plan covering pre-hospitalization expenses for 30 days and post hospitalization expenses for 60 days. Treatment for hernia, cataract, Hysterectomy, and major surgeries is claimable under this policy. Ayurveda treatment in government hospitals, specific day care procedures, and health-checkups are covered. There are limits to reimbursement, which you should check before purchasing the policy.
- United India Arogya Sanjeevani Policy- This is a standard health insurance plan that provides sum insured cover up to Rs 5 Lakh. The scheme covers all the pre and post hospitalization expenses, ICU expenses, bed charges, room rent charges, and the new age treatments,
- United India Corona Kavach Policy- This is a coronavirus health insurance policy that provides health cover on a family floater basis. It includes the cost of hospitalization, PPE kits, masks, ventilators, oximeters, and other consumable items used during the COVID-19 treatment. The sum insured amount ranges from Rs 1 Lakh to Rs 5 Lakh and you can choose a policy tenure of 3.5 months, 6.5 months, and 9.5 months.
- Family Medicare 2014 Plan -It is a variant of the United India family Medicare plan. You can get insurance of Rs 2 lakh to Rs 10 lakh (in multiple of 50,000) and Rs 5 lakh- Rs 10 lakh (in multiples of Rs. 1 lac)
- Family Medicare Policy - This is a family floater policy in which you can get yourself covered along with your dependent children and spouse. Anyone between the age group of 18-80 years can be covered and children from the age of 3 months can be insured. The policy covers 30 days of pre-hospitalization and 60 days post-hospitalization expenses. Hernia treatment, cataract surgery, and Hysterectomy expenses, and Ayush treatment expenses are also covered. Sum insured starts from Rs 1 lakh to Ra 10 Lakh
- United India UNI Criticare Health Insurance –Anyone who is aged between 18 and 65 years can buy this policy. Get insurance from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 25 Lakh and get paid in a lump sum by the insurer for the treatment. There is a waiting period of 3 months and a survival period of 30 days, to get reimbursement of the treatment cost. Diseases like Cancer, heart attack, Heart valve replacement, Kidney failure, Stroke Major organ / bone marrow transplant, Coma, Open chest CABG, Multiple sclerosis, Motor neuron disease, Permanent limbs paralysis are also covered.
- United India Super Top-up Policy - You can get your family members covered on an individual basis with different sum insured for each person or you can get all them covered in a group policy under single sum insured.Adults should be 18-80 years and can include their dependent children between the age group of 3 months to 18 years. Avail cashless hospitalization including room rent, medicines, treatment cost in more than 7000 hospitals across Pan India, apart from other benefits.
- United India Top-up Plan -This is a variant of the Super Top-up policy. Includes hospitalization expenses including orthopedic implants, vascular stents, chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc.
- United India Senior Citizen Plan -As the name suggests, the plan covers the cost of treatment for illness, diseases and injury contracted by old people during the policy period. Health insurance against Hospitalization expenses, room, ICU and nursing expenses, Operation theatre charges, vascular stents, Major illness/surgeries, Hysterectomy, Cataract, Hernia and day care treatment. Check the sub-limits before taking the insurance.
- United India Gold Policy - People between the age group of 36 and 60 years can buy this policy. If you want to get your children covered, their age should be between 3 months and 18 years. Sum insured is between Rs 1 lakh- Rs 5 lakh (in the multiples of Rs. 50,000). The insurer pays for the hospitalization expenses, doctor’s fees, day care treatment, diagnostic tests, rooms rent, etc. Additionally, AYUSH treatment can also be taken in a government hospital. Do check the sub-limits before taking the insurance.
- United India Platinum Policy -This plan is designed especially for people between the age of 18 and 35 years. After 35 years, you shall be covered if you have continued to take the policy without break. Dependent children between 3 months and 18 years can be insured along with you. Choose from a sum insured between Rs 1 lakh to Rs 5 lakh (in the multiples of Rs. 50,000).
Summing it up
These were all the health insurance plans provided by the United India General Insurance Company Ltd. During the times of COVID-19 make sure that you buy adequate health covers that help you save from unforeseen medical emergencies.