- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
7 Excuses for Not Exercising and How Can they Affect Your Health
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 4135 -
Updated date : 27 June 2019
Whenever we don’t want to do something, we tend to find creative excuses to wriggle our way out of it. And when it comes to avoiding exercise, some of us are pretty fantastic at convincing ourselves to not hit the gym.
Here are 7 insane excuses people make for not exercising:
- I Chew Food … that’s an Exercise- Do you know how many calories I burn chewing food constantly? Quite a lot. Don’t underestimate chewing; it’s going to be the next big thing after yoga!
- I Spin on my Office Chair and that’s my Work out- I hold the record of spinning my chair for the longest time in the office. We even hold an intra-office competition for this. Sometimes, I even race with my colleagues from one end of the corridor to the other on my chair. That needs stamina and burns fat!
- I Walk to the Coffee Machine Three Times a Day- You know what keeps me going the whole day? 3 cups of coffee. And the best part is that the vending machine is at the extreme end from my cubicle. Having said that, drinking coffee has numerous health benefits, keeping diseases at bay is one of them.
- I am Pear-shaped… that’s all I Need- Do you know how much effort it takes to maintain my pear-shaped body? It’s a God’s gift, why change it?
- I am Perfect … Change your Glasses- Whoever thinks I am obese, needs to get his/her eyes checked.
- I Hate to Lose, won’t Lose Weight- I am born to be a winner. Everything I do is for the sole purpose of winning. That is the ideology of my life. I won’t do anything that includes losing. So losing weight is off my radar!
- I Want to be the FAT Super Hero- Have you seen Kung Fu Panda the movie? Po is my idol. Imagine a man, shaped like a panda and agile like Po! I am going to lead a new league of Superheroes- the FAT Super Heroes!
Enough is Enough!
Everyone deserves to be healthy and fit. If you make excuses, deep-down you know that not exercising is not right. It’s never too late to gift yourself the gift of fitness. Lack of exercise and abundance of junk food consumption is an open invitation to developing/ contracting various illnesses.
Try baby steps, no one is expecting you to be an athlete in a matter of a few days. In your fitness journey, grow at your own pace. No matter how slow, but make some progress.
Whatever you do, make sure you practice moderation. And don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s okay if you fail to accomplish your goal(s), it’s okay if this one time you couldn’t resist having a slice of that chocolate cake, it’s okay that you missed your workout sessions few times a month. As long as you keep on trying, it’s okay.
Over to You
When it comes to exercising, no matter what excuse you come up, don’t make the same mistake when buying health insurance. We all need a health insurance policy to protect us from the medical expenses of known and unknown diseases and illnesses. If you don’t get rid of the unhealthy habits, you will have to pay a higher insurance premium and miss out on comprehensive insurance coverage.
As mentioned earlier, not exercising is an open invitation to so many illnesses. Some health insurance plans in India don’t cover pre-existing illnesses. It means you will not be covered for those specific illnesses (if any) and you will have to pay for the medical treatment from your own pocket.
- Most Read
- Things to Know Before Picking a Health Insurance Plan
Date: 15 October 2019
- Health Card vs. Health Insurance with OPD Coverage
Date: 26 September 2019
- India's Great Healthcare Challenge, Also an Opportunity
Date: 25 September 2019
- All About Pre-Insurance Medical Check-Up in Health Insurance
Date: 24 September 2019
- Know the Network Hospital Before Buying Health Insurance
Date: 23 September 2019
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 551867
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 303699
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 249247
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2019
Views : 201443
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 156766
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator