- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
All You Need to Know About United India Health Insurance Plans
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 495 -
Modified 19 November 2018
Today, when medical treatment costs are getting higher day by day, health insurance plans provide the most important type of financial security. There are people who do not give much importance to it but understand the requirement of a health insurance plan when someone close falls ill. Here we are discussing the details of the health insurance plans provided by United India Health Insurance Company. The company completely understands the needs of every individual and offers the best health insurance plans at most affordable rates. So, with the help of an effective health insurance plan of United India, you can safeguard self and family both against any medical emergency.
The United India Insurance Company was established in the year 1938 with several insurance products. The company is known for providing complex insurance covers to large clients, some of which are - ONGC Ltd, Mumbai International Airport Limited, GMR - Hyderabad International Airport Ltd, etc. Currently, the company has approximately 1 Crore insured and has provided insurance to more than 45 Lakh women across Madhya Pradesh with one of the government-backed health insurance schemes known as Vijaya Raji Janani Kalyan Yojana.
United India Health Insurance Products and Services
United Health Insurance Company offers an extensive variety of health insurance products and you can select one plan as per your requirements. Enlisted are some of the top health insurance products of this company:
To cover your entire family under one health insurance plan, take this policy of United India Health Insurance Company. The plan provides cover for spouse, self, and dependent kids and the eligibility to take it ranges between eighteen years to eighty years.
Family Medicare 2014:
This is again a family medical insurance plan wherein coverage for spouse, self, and dependent kids are provided under one sum insured. From day-care treatment to hospitalization expenses, and Ayurveda treatment everything is covered in this plan.
Individual Mediclaim Plan:
If you want to take a medical insurance plan for self only, then go with this health insurance policy of United Health Insurance. The coverage of this plan, however, given only in case of hospitalization and surgical treatment.
This insurance policy provides you insurance cover between Rs. One Lakh to Rs. Five Lakh and in the multiplications of Rs.50, 000. You are eligible to take this plan if you fall between the ages of 36 years and 60 years.
If you want to get a sum insured of Rs. One Lakh to Rs. Ten Lakh, then take this insurance plan of United India Health Insurance Company. You can take this plan if you fall in the age group of 18 years to 35 years. If you renew Platinum Plan contentiously without break, you can continue the benefits of this policy even after the age of 35 years. The policy covers illness or injury that requires hospitalization or surgical treatment.
To provide medical coverage to Indian senior citizens, this insurance policy is introduced. Therefore, the eligibility to take this plan is 61 years to 80 years. The insured can continue to renew this plan even beyond 80 years if there is no break in the tenure of the policy. The sum insured provided under this plan ranges between Rs.one lakh to three lakh in the multiplications of Rs.50, 000.
Top Up Medicare:
This is basically an add-on cover that provides coverage for the excess medical expenditure beyond the threshold limit of any medical insurance plan of the United Healthcare India. The plan can be added to a policy that reimburses the incurred medical expenses or provides the cashless facility. The facility of top-up is available for both individual plans and family floaters. Moreover, if you want to cover your family members in your individual health insurance plan, you can take a top-up for the same. So, there are multiple top-up options available to fulfill your needs.
Super Top Up Medicare:
This top-up policy caters to for both individual and family floater plans. In individual plans, the \ members of the family may be covered in one policy with a varied sum insured. On the other hand, this can be done on a group basis in one sum insured for all the members of the family. The eligibility age is between eighteen years and eighty years for adults and for children three months and eighteen years.
UNI Criticare Health Plan:
To cover critical illnesses, take this health insurance policy of United India Health Insurance Company. In this specially designed plan, the company covers 11 critical illnesses and pays off a lump sum amount on diagnosis. The eligibility to take this insurance policy is between 21 years and 65 years.
Workmen Medical Plan:
To provide medical cover to your employees during their employment with your organization, this insurance plan is introduced. This plan provides sum insured ranging from Rs.50, 000, Rs. One Lakh, to Rs.One and a Half Lakh to cover all sorts of expenses of hospitalization incurred due to an accident, or illness. Generally, this type of health insurance plan is taken by the contractors and factory owners for their employees.
United India Health Insurance Policies Renewal Process:
You can renew your United India Health Insurance policy online only 30 days prior to the expiry date of your existing plan. The company strongly recommends renewing the insurance policies before the expiry of the current plan. Follow the below mentioned steps to renew a health insurance plan online:
Steps to Renew United India Health Insurance Plan Online:
- Login to the website of the company.
- Select ‘Renew Now’ option there.
- Follow the link that leads to a secure payment process.
You can either use your credit card or debit card for the payment or you can use net banking for the same as well. In this way, with these simple steps, you can perform quick online renewal of your health insurance policy.
United India Health Insurance Policies Claim Process:
You can either take cashless facility or avail the reimbursement feature of your health insurance policy provided by United Health Insurance. However, in both the cases, you have to file the claim.
Claim Process for Cashless Hospitalization - Available Only When the Policy is Serviced by a TPA:
- If the hospitalization is planned, then the TPA must be informed in advance with the details of the hospital. However, if the case is of emergency hospitalization, inform the TPA as soon as possible after the hospitalization.
- In case of cashless treatment, a pre-authorization request has to be sent to the TPA soon after the admission. This pre-authorization request is sent by the hospital to the TPA and it must have a sign of both insured and hospital authorities and it should have the details of illness, admission of the insured, estimated expenses, and proposed line of treatment.
- While discharging from the hospital, the insured must pay the differences of the amount that is limited by the sum insured of the policy or that is excluded in the plan.
- You can claim the pre and post-hospitalization expenses separately, once the treatment in the hospitalization is over. All the original documents must be submitted to the TPA within 7 days after hospitalization.
Claim Process for Reimbursement:
Follow the below steps in this case:
- You need to provide written intimation to the TPA of United India Insurance about the hospitalization. However, if there is no TPA, then intimate the United India Insurance Company. If it is a case of emergency, then inform the insurance provider at least within 24 hours of the hospitalization.
- Obtain the discharge summary, a copy of the investigation reports, and all other relevant documents from the hospital. Submit the original copies of all these documents to the TPA or United India Insurance’s office within seven days from the discharge date.
- Documents required in this case are:
- Duly filled and signed the claim form
- Doctor’s certificates and prescription
- The discharge summary from the hospital
- Laboratory reports
- Investigation reports
- Final hospital bills
- Pharmacy bills
- Pre and post hospitalization must be claimed separately. However, in pre and post hospitalization reimbursement case, all the original documents are to be submitted after the treatment.
You can select a health insurance plan of United India Health Insurance Company as per your requirement. Moreover, the quick claim settlement process gives you an opportunity to file your claim online without any hassle and easily make claim renewal.
- Most Read
- All You Need to Know About United India Health Insurance Plans
Date: 19 November 2018
- All You Need to Know About Health Insurance in India
Date: 05 November 2018
- 10 Tips to Find the Best Health Insurer
Date: 02 November 2018
- Things to Know About ‘Recharge’ Feature of Religare Health Insurance
Date: 31 October 2018
- Health Insurance & Tax Benefits: 7 Things to Consider
Date: 30 October 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 389882
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 203880
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 203792
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 117046
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2018
Views : 82148