- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Why Should You Invest in Health Insurance in 2017?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2959 -
Modified 21 November 2017
We’re sure you’ll agree that staying healthy is important. But with today’s frenzied lifestyle, it often becomes difficult to find ways in order to stay healthy. In fact, a large number of people today suffer from lifestyle related diseases.
More often than not the medical treatment of such diseases costs a bomb. Given this fact, it doesn’t really take a rocket scientist to understand that staying on guard against medical and health emergencies is vital.
This is where health insurance plans come to your rescue. Buying a health insurance plan can help you to get the best medical care without burning a hole in your pocket or savings. Today, health insurance plans offer much more than just hospitalization expense coverage.
Here is a little smattering on the benefits and coverage offered by some of the most popular health insurance plans available in the market:
Coverage & Benefits under Health Insurance Plan
Each health insurance plan covers the medical treatment cost incurred in case the policy holder meets with a medical emergency.
Day Care Procedure:
Due to the technological advancements in the medical technology, there are several health problems that need hospitalization for less than 24 hours. The medical treatments that do not need hospitalization or need less than 24 hours of hospitalization are known as day care procedure. Almost all popular health insurance plans available in the Indian insurance sector covers the cost incurred due to such day care procedures.
Cashless Hospitalization Facility:
Almost all popular health insurance plans offer cashless hospitalization facility to policyholders. This cashless facility is available for policy holders at all network hospitals of the insurer. The claim procedure of cashless hospitalization facility is very easy and quick.
All popular health insurance plans cover the room rent incurred due to hospitalization. Some health policies cover the total cost, whereas some only covers a certain percentage of the total cost in current as hospital room rent.
Health insurance plan also covers the cost of domiciliary expenses,in case you need some special kind of therapy such as acupuncture, acupressure or treatments involving Ayurvedic, or Unani medicinal procedures.
Health insurance plans are conceptualized to take care of your smallest requirements when you meet with a medical emergency. A large number of health plans cover the ambulance cost to ensure iron-clad financial protection for the policy holders.
Apart from all the benefits mentioned above, health insurance plans also offer tax benefits. You can avail tax benefits on the premiums you’re paying for health insurance plan for self, spouse, children or dependent parents. Buyers get tax exemption on health insurance premium paid for spouse, self, parents and children under income tax act Section 80D.
We’re sure that now you know the importance of buying a health insurance plan. But the sheer multiplicity of health insurance plans available in the Indian insurance sector can baffle even the most experienced of souls.
|You may like to Read: How to Save Tax with Health Insurance?|
Here we are listing some quick tips to help you zero-in on the best health insurance available in the market.
- Read about the benefits offered under the intended health insurance plan carefully.
- Analyze your requirements and match it with the coverage offered by the plan.
- Compare the premiums offered by different health insurance plans using premium calculator tools online.
- Remember to look out for cashless or reimbursement options for hospitalization expenses.
- In case of pre-existing diseases, try to find the plan that takes a minimum number of waiting periods.
- Make sure that you read the claim settlement procedure before buying any health insurance plan.
Health insurance plan also covers you against the critical illness treatment cost. In case you need coverage for critical illness, make sure you select a health insurance plan, which covers your medical requirements.
Remember, the best health insurance plan is the one that fulfils all your requirements without having to spend an arm and a leg. To find the best health insurance plan you need to a do little home work.
There is a host of information available on the web for different health insurance plans. Nowadays, almost every insurance company offers online feature to help customers buy or renew their health policy anywhere, anytime.
We hope now you understand how and why health insurance plans are important. Given the steep rise in lifestyle and other related diseases, staying prepared against health emergencies is no longer a luxury, but a necessity. So if you have not yet invested in a comprehensive health insurance policy, it’s time to put this learning into practise and buy the best health insurance policy come 2017.
- Most Read
- Family Health Insurance vs Family Floater Plan: What to Buy?
Date: 22 March 2018
- How to use Mediclaim Policy Premium Calculator to Calculate Premium?
Date: 28 February 2018
- Best Family Health Insurance Plans for Expecting Parents in India
Date: 21 February 2018
- Top 5 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2018
Date: 21 February 2018
- New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
Date: 20 February 2018
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 428633
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 235278
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 162239
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 123366
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 83587