The COVID-19 pandemic has reminded everybody why taking care of our health is essential. The way medical expenses shot up during the pandemic also made people realise the need for buying health insurance. However, it is important to know the diseases covered by your health plan while buying. If you are planning to buy a Digit health insurance policy, read on to know the various diseases covered.
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
*Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws. Standard T&C Apply
Who would you like to insure?
Do you have an existing illness or medical history?
This helps us find plans that cover your condition and avoid claim rejection
What is your existing illness?
Select all that apply
When did you recover from Covid-19?
Some plans are available only after a certain time
Go Digit General Insurance Limited offers a variety of health insurance plans for individuals, senior citizens and families. The plans provide coverage against medical expenses incurred on hospitalization, ICU charges, OPD consultations, ambulance services, maternity, day care procedures, pre-hospitalization expenses, etc. The company also offers customized plans to cover diseases like COVID-19.
Digit health insurance plans are available for a sum insured ranging from Rs 50,000 to Rs 20 crore. They also offer cashless treatment facilities at more than 6400 network hospitals across India. Besides, the insurance company comes with a digital-friendly claim process that does not require you to submit any hard copies of documents.
Take a look at the various Digit health insurance plans available in the market:
Here is a list of diseases covered by Digit health insurance plans:
1. COVID-19 – COVID-19 refers to the coronavirus disease that is highly infectious and leads to severe health complications. As a result, the treatment of the disease can get very expensive. However, the treatment cost will be covered by the insurance company if you have a Digit Corona Kavach policy and the Digit Corona Rakshak policy. Besides, COVID-19 hospitalization expenses will be covered by all Digit health insurance plans.
2. Cataract – Cataract is an eye disease in which the natural eye lens gets clouded. The disease can lead to blindness and surgery is required to cure it. But the surgery cost will be paid by Go Digit General Insurance Limited if you have the Digit Arogya Sanjeevani policy, Digit Health Care Plus policy or the Digit Health Plus policy.
3. Cancer – Cancer is a fatal disease in which the cells of the body grow abnormally and uncontrollably. Cancer treatments are expensive and continue for a long time causing a financial strain. But if you have the Digit Health Care Plus policy, Digit Digit Total Protect policy or the Digit Health Plus policy, the insurance company will cover the treatment cost.
4. Psychiatric Illness – Psychiatric illness is a mental disorder that affects the thinking, mood, memory, perception and orientation of the patient. The treatment of such illnesses goes on for a long time and thus, can be hard on the pocket. But if you have the Digit Health Care Plus policy or the Digit Health Plus policy, your treatment expenses will be paid by the insurance company.
5. Heart Diseases – Heart diseases are the ailments of the heart that occurs if the cardiovascular system is not working properly. Such diseases can involve expensive surgeries and hence, cause a financial burden. However, you do not have to worry about the treatment cost if you have a Digit Health Plus policy, Digit Health Care Plus policy or the Digit Total Protect policy.
6. HIV – HIV is a viral infection that attacks the immune system of the body. The treatment of HIV is long-term and can get expensive. However, Go Digit General Insurance Limited will pay for your HIV treatment if you have the Digit Total Protect policy.
7. Brain Tumour – A brain tumour is a disease in which the cells in the brain grow uncontrollably and put pressure on the brain tissue, which may lead to brain damage. The treatment of brain tumour is expensive as surgery may be required. However, if you have a Digit Health Plus policy, Digit Digit Total Protect policy or the Digital Health Care Plus policy, the treatment expenses will be paid by the insurance company.
Digit health insurance plans provide coverage for a host of diseases allowing people to avail timely treatment. However, some diseases may be covered after a waiting period. Make sure to go through the policy documents carefully to know the waiting period for different diseases.
01 Mar 2024Amidst the ongoing surge in healthcare expenses, securing
29 Feb 2024Preventive health check-ups are essential to monitor critical
21 Feb 2024When you decide to purchase a health insurance plan for you and
22 Feb 2024In an era where healthcare expenses are skyrocketing in India, the
10 Jan 2024An ongoing medical inflation of 14 percent in India (the highest