Health is the biggest wealth that you can earn. With so many new disease variants coming to the fore every few months, taking care of our health has become a priority. Besides leading a healthy life, buying health insurance is an essential precautionary step that you must take to keep the diseases at bay. If you are planning to buy an Oriental health insurance policy, check out the diseases covered.
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
*Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws. Standard T&C Apply
My name is
My number is
My name is
My number is
City Living in
Do you have an existing illness or medical history?
This helps us find plans that cover your condition and avoid claim rejection
What is your existing illness?
Select all that apply
When did you recover from Covid-19?
Some plans are available only after a certain time
The Oriental Insurance Company comes with a variety of health insurance plans that covers the medical expenses of the insured. It provides coverage for the cost of accidental or sickness hospitalization, OPD consultations, ICU charges, day care procedures, ambulance charges, etc. These plans are available for a sum insured ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 50 lakh. Moreover, Oriental health insurance plans allow policyholders to avail cashless hospitalization services at over 4300 network hospitals.
An Oriental health insurance policy can be purchased by families, individuals as well as senior citizens. Moreover, you can also get customized health plans for coverage against cancer, dengue, COVID-19, etc. Take a look at the various health insurance plans offered by The Oriental Insurance Company:
Here is the list of diseases covered under Oriental health insurance plans:
1. Cancer – Cancer is a life-threatening disease in which the body cells grow abnormally and uncontrollably. Its treatment includes surgery, radiation or chemotherapy, which are expensive procedures. But if you have the Oriental Cancer Protect policy or the Oriental Critical Illness policy, your insurance company will provide financial aid to pay the treatment cost.
2. Dengue – Dengue is a vector-borne disease that results in a viral infection. Dengue fever can reduce the blood platelet count drastically, which can be fatal. In such cases, you may need to be hospitalized for several days, which may be a costly affair. However, your treatment cost will be covered by the insurance company if you have an Oriental Dengue Kavach policy, Oriental Happy Family Floater policy or the Oriental Mediclaim Insurance policy.
3. COVID-19 – COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. This viral disease can cause severe health complications and thus, treatment can get expensive. But if you have an Oriental Corona Kavach policy, your treatment cost will be covered by the insurance company. Moreover, the Oriental Happy Family Floater policy and the Oriental Mediclaim Insurance policy will also cover the hospitalization expenses resulting from COVID-19.
4. Critical Illness – Critical illness is a disease that has life-threatening implications and requires long-term treatment. Getting treatment for a critical illness can easily empty your savings. However, if you own an Oriental Critical Illness policy, you do not have to worry about the treatment expenses as they will be paid by the Oriental Insurance Company. You can also opt for the critical illness rider under the Oriental Happy Family Floater policy.
5. HIV/ AIDS – HIV/ AIDS is a life-threatening disease in which the body’s ability to fight infections is compromised. The disease does not have a cure but requires lifelong treatment to prevent other infections. As a result, HIV/AIDS is expensive to treat. However, your treatment cost will be covered by your insurer if you have an Oriental Happy Family Floater policy or the Oriental Mediclaim Insurance policy.
6. Cataract – Cataract is a disease where the natural clear lens of the eyes gets clouded. This disease can cause blindness and hence, a timely surgery is required. But if you have an Oriental Arogya Sanjeevani policy or the Oriental Happy Family Floater policy, the cost of cataract surgery will be taken care of by the insurance company.
7. Heart Diseases – Heart diseases are the ailments of the heart resulting from improper functioning. Such diseases require long-term treatment and may need surgery in severe cases. Thus, heart diseases are expensive to cure. But if you have the Oriental Cancer Protect policy or the Oriental Critical Illness policy, your insurance company will reimburse the treatment expenses.
8. Mental Illness – Mental illness refers to disorders that impact behaviour, mood and thinking. Mental illnesses, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar, etc. take a lot of time to get cured. However, you don’t have to worry about the treatment cost as it will be paid by your insurance company if you have an Oriental Happy Family Floater policy or the Oriental Mediclaim Insurance policy.
Buying health insurance is a necessity in today’s time and age. In case you are considering buying an Oriental health insurance policy, make sure to check the list of diseases covered by the insurance company.
27 Jun 2022Gone are the days when only athletes and professional sports...
24 Jun 2022Healthcare is expensive in India and is increasing with each...
23 Jun 2022Down Syndrome is one of the most common genetic disorders in...
22 Jun 2022In India, every person who earns beyond a certain limit is liable...
22 Jun 2022Coconut water is an excellent beverage for people struggling with...