Nobody wants to get sick or get diagnosed with an illness. But diseases are a part of life and the only thing you can do is take necessary precautions to keep them away. While staying healthy protects you from diseases, health insurance protects your finances when you are diagnosed with one. Let’s find out the diseases covered under the various SBI health insurance plans.
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
*Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws. Standard T&C Apply
Who would you like to insure?
Do you have an existing illness or medical history?
This helps us find plans that cover your condition and avoid claim rejection
What is your existing illness?
Select all that apply
When did you recover from Covid-19?
Some plans are available only after a certain time
SBI health insurance plans offer coverage for a wide range of medical expenses incurred in the treatment of an illness or an accidental injury. They cover the insured against the cost of hospitalization, OPD consultations, day care procedures, ICU charges, ambulance service, maternity etc. Customized health plans for diseases like critical illness, COVID-19, etc. are also available.
SBI health insurance plans are available for a sum insured amount ranging from Rs 50,000 to Rs 5 crore. They also allow the insured to avail cashless treatment at over 6000 network hospitals. Besides, raising a claim with SBI General Insurance Company is also super easy as the insurance company has a 24x7 customer helpline.
Here are various SBI health insurance plans available in the market:
Check out the list of diseases covered by SBI health insurance plans:
1. Critical Illness –Critical illness refer to a disease that has life-threatening implications and usually develops due to poor lifestyle habits. The treatment of a critical disease can empty your savings easily. But with the SBI Critical Illness Insurance policy and the SBI Loan Insurance Retail policy, your treatment expenses will be paid by the insurance company.
2. COVID-19 – COVID-19 is a highly infectious disease that can lead to severe health complications, especially in people with co-morbidities. Its treatment can get costly if a health complication develops. However, if you have the Corona Kavach policy or the Corona Rakshak policy, your insurance company will cover your treatment expenses. Besides, all SBI health insurance plans cover COVID-19 hospitalization expenses.
3. Mental Illness – Mental illness is a disease that adversely impacts the mood, thinking, memory and behaviour of a person. The treatment of a mental illness is expensive and can go on for a long time. But if you have an SBI health insurance policy, you do not have to worry about the treatment expenses as most plans come with mental illness cover.
4. Cancer –Cancer is a deadly disease in which the body cells grow abnormally without any control. The disease involves long-term expensive treatments, including surgery, and can deplete anyone’s savings. However, your treatment cost will be covered by your insurance company if you have an SBI Critical Illness Insurance policy or the SBI Loan Insurance Retail policy.
5. HIV/AIDS – HIV/AIDS is a life-threatening disease in which the immunity system of the body gets compromised. This viral disease does not have a cure but certain treatments can keep the disease in control. Thus, HIV/AIDS treatment can be costly. However, your treatment expenses will be taken care of by SBI General Insurance Company if you have a policy with HIV/AIDS cover.
6. Cataract – Cataract is an eye disease that can lead to blindness. It clouds the natural eye lens and surgery is required to cure it. However, you do not have to worry about the cataract surgery cost if you have an Arogya Supreme policy or an Arogya Sanjeevani policy as it will be paid by the insurance company.
7. Genetic Disease – Genetic disease is a hereditary disease that occurs due to a DNA abnormality. Such diseases may be expensive to treat but most SBI health plans offer coverage for them. Therefore, if you have an SBI health insurance policy covering genetic diseases, your insurance company will pay for the treatment.
8. Heart Disease –Heart disease is a fatal disease that develops when the cardiovascular system is not functioning properly. Heart diseases may involve surgeries and long-term treatment. But with the SBI Critical Illness Insurance policy and the SBI Loan Insurance Retail policy, you do not have to think about the treatment expenses as they will be paid by the insurance company.
9. Congenital Disease - Congenital disease refers to a disease that is present in the body right from birth. Its treatment may go on for a long time and may also require multiple surgeries, which can get costly. However, if you have an SBI health insurance policy and have been diagnosed with internal congenital disease, your insurance company will cover the treatment cost under most plans.
Buying health insurance is essential to protect your savings in case you are diagnosed with a disease. However, it is important to have the right kind of policy to cover the treatment cost of a disease. Therefore, make sure to read the policy documents carefully and check the diseases covered before you purchase an SBI health insurance plan.
16 Nov 2022In a bid to provide world-class comprehensive coverage to people...
11 Nov 2022People who are new to the world of insurance may not understand...
03 Nov 2022The biggest reason for buying health insurance is to get financial...
02 Nov 2022The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority has directed...
15 Sep 2022Monkeypox has slowly and steadily spread to more than 85 countries...