Anyone can get ill anytime. If you are diagnosed with a disease that requires long-term treatment, then you must be ready to say goodbye to your savings. After all, medical inflation is at an all-time high. The only way to protect your savings during the treatment is through health insurance. If you are considering buying a Tata AIG health insurance policy, read on for more details.
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
*Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws. Standard T&C Apply
My name is
My number is
My name is
My number is
City Living in
Do you have an existing illness or medical history?
This helps us find plans that cover your condition and avoid claim rejection
What is your existing illness?
Select all that apply
When did you recover from Covid-19?
Some plans are available only after a certain time
Tata AIG health insurance plans provide coverage against medical expenses incurred during the treatment of an accident or illness. It ensures that the Tata AIG General Insurance Company pays the insured’s medical bills incurred on hospitalization, surgeries, critical illnesses, day care procedures, ambulance charges, maternity expenses, AYUSH treatment, OPD consultations, etc. The plans offer a sum insured ranging from Rs 50,000 to Rs 3 crore.
Besides, you can avail cashless hospitalization facility at more than 7200 network hospitals across the country. Moreover, the insurance company will honour your claim as it enjoys a claim settlement ratio of 94.21% for the financial year 2020-21.
Anybody can buy a Tata AIG health insurance policy, be it individuals, senior citizens or families. Moreover, you can find customized plans for maternity, COVID-19, critical illness, etc. Take a look at the various Tata AIG Health Insurance plans that you can buy:
Tata AIG health insurance plans offer coverage for the following diseases:
1. COVID-19 – COVID-19 is a highly contagious viral disease that can lead to severe health complications. These health complications can be expensive to treat. But you don’t have to worry about COVID-19 treatment expenses if you have a Tata AIG Corona Kavach plan. Besides, hospitalization expenses resulting from COVID-19 will be covered under all Tata AIG health insurance plans.
2. Critical Illnesses – Critical illnesses are life-threatening diseases that may develop due to poor lifestyle habits. Such diseases require long-term treatments and thus, they can evaporate your savings in a short time. However, if you have the Tata AIG Criti Medicare policy or the Tata AIG Home Guard Plus policy, you will be covered against several critical illnesses, such as cancer, multiple sclerosis, heart attack, stroke, etc.
3. Cataract – Cataract is an eye disease where the natural lens of the eye gets clouded. The disease can lead to blindness and requires surgery. However, the cost of the cataract surgery will be covered by your insurance company if you have a Tata AIG Arogya Sanjeevni policy or a Tata MediCare policy.
4. Cancer – Cancer is a life-threatening disease in which the body cells grow uncontrollably and destroy the surrounding tissues. The treatment of cancer is expensive and goes on for a long time. However, the Tata AIG General Insurance Company will pay for your treatment expenses if you have the Tata AIG Criti MediCare policy or the Tata AIG Home Guard Plus policy.
5. Congenital Anomalies – Congenital anomalies refer to the diseases or medical conditions that are present in a child right from birth. Such anomalies may require long-term treatment, including surgeries and thus, can deplete your savings immensely. However, your medical bills will be paid by the insurance company if you have a Tata AIG Sakhi Maternal Care plan. Moreover, congenital internal diseases are also covered under the Tata AIG MediCare plan and the Tata AIG Criti MediCare plan.
6. Heart Diseases – Heart diseases refer to the ailments that arise due to improper functioning of the heart. Heart diseases can be fatal and have expensive treatment regimes. But if you have a Tata AIG Criti MediCare policy and a Tata AIG Home Guard Plus policy, your insurance company will for your treatment expenses.
7. Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation – Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (DIC) is a rare but life-threatening condition that causes excessive blood clots. In case you are diagnosed with this condition, you do not have to worry about the treatment cost as long as you have the Tata AIG Sakhi Maternal Care policy.
8. Brain Tumour – A brain tumour is a fatal disease that causes uncontrollable cell growth in the brain. The disease can cause severe damage to the brain and requires surgery. Although brain tumour surgery is expensive, your surgery cost will be taken care of by the insurance company if you have a Tata AIG Criti Medi Care policy.
Tata AIG General Insurance Company comes with a wide range of comprehensive plans that provides coverage against several diseases. However, not all diseases are covered by all health insurance plans. Hence, while buying a Tata AIG health insurance policy, make sure to go through policy documents to check the list of diseases covered under that policy.
27 Jun 2022Gone are the days when only athletes and professional sports...
24 Jun 2022Healthcare is expensive in India and is increasing with each...
23 Jun 2022Down Syndrome is one of the most common genetic disorders in...
22 Jun 2022In India, every person who earns beyond a certain limit is liable...
22 Jun 2022Coconut water is an excellent beverage for people struggling with...