- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Employees Prefer Private Health Services Over Government Schemes in Telangana
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1546 -
Modified 11 March 2015
The state government employees in Telangana prefer private health insurance policies over the government health services. This is because of the not so reliable reimbursement procedures followed by the state government when employees make a medical claim.
These days even the Central Government staff is paying for the treatments availed from both the private and government hospitals, unlike the discounted CGHS scheme in the past.
Why people prefer private health services over government schemes?
The massive amount of time taken in moving files from one office to other and from one department to another, delays the reimbursement procedure. Premium benefits and facilities along with an income tax benefit offered by private insurance companies is luring the people to choose it over the government schemes.
The chairperson of Telangana Employees Confederation, Mr. Erva Venkatesham said, “The private hospitals do not provide treatments, based on the cards issued under the schemes to the staff by government. Employees must undergo the time consuming reimbursement process, which starts with submitting the bills, which are only obtained after enrolling the patient, receiving complete treatment, and paying upfront the total medical cost. Furthermore, the government won’t even reimburse the total cost of the medical expenses after enduring the time and energy consuming procedure. When the claimant asks for the reasons, they are simply informed that the procedure is not covered under the scheme.”
The general secretary, Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers, Mr. Nageshwar Rao said that there are only thirteen CGHS notified government hospitals, where as there are 80,000 central government staff in state. He also added that the offered services, which are covered under the government schemes; can only be obtained in Hyderabad, which reflects the huge requirement for CGHS cover in Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam with a large number of Army and other Central government employees. And, that the corporate hospitals are not ready to acknowledge the insurance that is covered by CGHS since it is a time consuming process.
(Source: This article has been adapted from the article "Telangana government employees prefer private health insurance" that appeared on February 21, 2015 in deccanchronicle.com.)
- Most Read
- Everything You Need to Know about HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy
Date: 22 August 2018
- Guide to Health Insurance Plans Offered by Star Health Insurance
Date: 17 August 2018
- Should you Include Your Parents in Employer’s Group Health Insurance?
Date: 13 August 2018
- Tips to Buy and Renew Cigna TTK Health Insurance Online
Date: 23 July 2018
- What you need to know about the Group Health Insurance Today?
Date: 19 July 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 340834
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 190862
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 175523
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 106741
- How does GST Impact your Insurance Premium?
Views : 65213