- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
IRDA Thumbs up to Reliance General Insurance for a Separate Health Insurance Arm
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2980 -
Updated date : 07 September 2017
Reliance General Insurance Company Ltd. has received the first level approval from Insurance Regulatory Development Authority (IRDA) to initiate a separate, new health insurance unit. On Monday, August 28th, IRDA in a board meeting gave approval to the insurer for a separate health insurance arm for its general insurance business. In general, the insurance business needs three levels of approvals to begin an operation, and there are two more to go for Reliance General Insurance Company.
The company will receive a formal notice on the same in another 3-4 days, as communicated. However, an email quarry to Reliance General seeking confirmation is unanswered.
Currently, the company’s business is spread over 175 branches across the country. As per the recent report, company’s premium from health insurance business cut down to Rs. 344 crore as on March 31st - almost 36% reduced as compared to the same period last year.
The board of Directors, Reliance General had already approved to transfer the existing retail health insurance unit to a standalone, owned subsidiary of Reliance Capital. This will further benefit Reliance Capital to raise its bet on India’s growing health insurance sector.
- Most Read
- IRDA Announced Modifications in Pre-existing Diseases Rules in Health insurance
Date: 12 February 2020
- Debunking 10 Myths Around the New Coronavirus
Date: 07 February 2020
- What is the Grace Period in Health Insurance Plans?
Date: 16 January 2020
- What are the Best Medical Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Diseases?
Date: 14 January 2020
- Which is Better Health or Term Insurance?
Date: 13 January 2020
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India 2020
Views : 614323
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 350231
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 268397
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies in India 2020
Views : 239719
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 173816
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator