- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
IRDA Thumbs up to Reliance General Insurance for a Separate Health Insurance Arm
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 565 -
Modified 07 September 2017
Reliance General Insurance Company Ltd. has received the first level approval from Insurance Regulatory Development Authority (IRDA) to initiate a separate, new health insurance unit. On Monday, August 28th, IRDA in a board meeting gave approval to the insurer for a separate health insurance arm for its general insurance business. In general, the insurance business needs three levels of approvals to begin an operation, and there are two more to go for Reliance General Insurance Company.
The company will receive a formal notice on the same in another 3-4 days, as communicated. However, an email quarry to Reliance General seeking confirmation is unanswered.
Currently, the company’s business is spread over 175 branches across the country. As per the recent report, company’s premium from health insurance business cut down to Rs. 344 crore as on March 31st - almost 36% reduced as compared to the same period last year.
The board of Directors, Reliance General had already approved to transfer the existing retail health insurance unit to a standalone, owned subsidiary of Reliance Capital. This will further benefit Reliance Capital to raise its bet on India’s growing health insurance sector.
- Most Read
- Starting a Family? Beware Of Private Health Insurance Waiting Period Pitfalls
Date: 10 November 2017
- 10 Ways to Keep the Family Healthy This Winter
Date: 08 November 2017
- Personal Accident Cover: Benefits that are Sure To Becharm You
Date: 26 October 2017
- What are the Benefits of Buying Insurance Online?
Date: 13 October 2017
- 4 Things You Shouldn’t Ignore While Buying Maternity Plans
Date: 13 October 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 351497
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 157370
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 138925
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 86581
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 62883